Thursday, June 05, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Today I am thankful for a lot.


1. I am thankful that my kids have cheap taste. They have spent all morning fighting over a balloon.

2. I am thankful that Dave's dad let me borrow his cell phone while Dave was out of town since mine is livin' the sewer life at Ikea. Yes, that's right. It fell out of my pants on the pull up and into the toilet. As I rushed to retrieve it, the automatic flusher stole it away in a wave of suprisingly strong suction. Tot just looked and said "oh no". That is so not Strong.

3. I am thankful that my sacrifice of wearing not flip-flops but hot tennis shoes in the Texas heat has resulted in my Troll Foot not being so Trolly. Oh wait. Have I not blogged about that? My bad.

4. I am thankful for the books my Dad and his wife, Tamara, sent Little David for his birthday. The kids have barely even looked at the TV in the past three days, instead pouring into the Dr. Suess Early Readers. I have a feeling we're going to be rocking the Summer Reading Club.

5. I am thankful that my Tot is hilarious. While learning to write the letter "e" Tot looked up at me and said "Mommy, this letter is a bit twicky to write."

6. I am thankful that my camera should be fixed any day now. We've already missed a birthday party and some major cuteness. I'm not sure the world will recover from the absence.

7. I am thankful that I am a bread making beast. Although, to be fair, that is really less being thankful than totally bragging, huh? If it makes it any better, all of my bread turns out dense and flat (but still totally yummy). Any tips?

8. I am thankful that we're going to Lake Tyler at the end of this month for a family reunion. I LOVE Dave's family and we always have a great time there swimming and watching me fall all over the zip line.

9. I am thankful that Dave and I were able to join a superfly gym that has a pool and a bunch of fun classes for not too many dollars. Hopefully I will now be able to replenish the energy that I spend chasing the kiddos all day.

10. I am thankful for my pajamas. I don't plan to leave them today. Well, except to go to the gym I guess.

3 comments:

Diana Richards said...

Have fun at the gym today...you deserve a break. While I don't know much about making bread, I am a very experienced bread TASTER! I'd love to help anytime in that department! Have a good day!

LBC said...

Hey, what gym? I'm contemplating joining one myself.

Unsinkable Kristen said...

LA fitness, so far we love it