Thursday, July 24, 2008

Thankful Thursday

1. I am thankful that the kids are both asleep. The Unsinkable needs a DDP break.

2. I am thankful that I got to get a hands on look at the curriculum we'll be using this year for Tot. It is crazy awesome and I think Tot is going to love it. I also got a healthy dose of bookshelf/organization envy. It is highly likely that you will be seeing a bookshelf picture on here soon.

3. I am thankful that I get to visit my Mom and Tim in the next few days! If I can persuade my mom to make a dump cake, then I will have scored a mighty victory.

4. I am thankful that I got an updated church directory. It may seem like a small thing, but I was working off one that was three years old and I just kept forgetting to get a new one.

5. I am thankful for the good naps I've had recently. I seem to have hit a napping groove and it's quite pleasant.

6. I am thankful for the homemade bread I'll be making shortly. Maybe I'll add a little cinnamon and shake things up a bit...

7. I am thankful for the clouds today. This Indiana girl was getting a little homesick.

8. I am thankful for my Tot having just used her very last diaper ever. That's it. I'm never buying pull ups again. Well, at least not for her anyways. There's no turning back now, folks.

9. I am thankful that Kroger is running a kick butt sale on a week when I may have dipped into the grocery fund once or twice because I saw an irresistibly cute shirt(s) at Old Navy. Shh...don't tell Dave. :)

10. I am thankful that Dave didn't have to travel at all this week. The traveling isn't so bad, but I do love getting an uninterrupted weeks worth of evenings together.



Hope you all have a great Thursday!

4 comments:

Jen said...

Love love love your list!

Nicole McIntyre said...

Seriously, went to Kroger this morning and ended up buying nailpolish that I didn't really need because it was so cheap.

Yay for no more Tot pullups!

What curriculum are you using for Tot?

Unsinkable Kristen said...

I'm going to be using Sonlight P4/5, and maybe supplementing with Handwriting Without Tears. I'm sure on the sonlight, and I'll probably do it for a few weeks before I decide to supplement or not. We are currently using Sing, Spell, Read & Write and I think I ordered too low a level for Tot because she's gone through 3/4 of the program in a month and I thought it would take us to December. I really wasn't sure where to start with her, so I'm glad I started with a cheaper curriculum!

Chad Gardner said...

Using the Grocery Fund for Old Navy... that's allowed since Old Navy typically has stellar deals!