Thursday, July 03, 2008

Waking Up Extravaganza: Day One

No worries, I won't be posting daily updates on this challenge (that would be beyond boring) but since today is the first day I managed to do it (with NO accountability, since Dave was out of town last night), I'm feeling pretty great. I did hit the snooze button twice, but that was it. Dude, 6:00am is early.

I enjoyed a nice cup of tea and a little quiet time before checking my email and such, and then when Tot woke up I was able to tell her that she needed to stay in her room until I got her. I'm thinking that I'm going to try to train her to stay in her room until I come in and get her. This will be a rather large task because there is nothing my Tot likes more than to roam around while the house is asleep and get into all manner of things.

Anyways, that's it for today. I'm off to try and get the house a little cleaner before Dave gets home. Somehow I don't think it would be relaxing for him to come home and trip over three loads of unfolded laundry and a mountain of toys. :)

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

I got up at 7:00, so I guess we woke up at the same time today!

Maybe you could incentivise keeping Tot penned: For every day that you don't leave your room until Mama comes for you, you get one loaf of bread to pee on (or curtains and scissors to play with, or trashcan to set on fire -- whatever her rioting little heart desires!)

becky said...

training them to stay in their room is a complete dream! and by that i mean i did it and it was awesome. i use the word "was" b/c while i was in the hospital, my parents "untrained" them. so now every morning at 6 i keep getting visitors. this morning, they stayed in their room, though. i had to start implementing the "watch this video" before you can come out rule.

Amy Lu said...

I'm getting LM an alarm clock and she is allowed to come out when it goes off. It will also help get her in a routine for the school year...eeeeeeek!!!!! That's next month!!!!!!!!!

Kristen said...

I've had the same nudging for a long time too...getting to bed early is so hard! I know I would be more productive if I started the early morning routine. You just might be the inspiration I needed :) It will be two weeks before I start though...we leave for vacation Saturday :)

Ginny said...

Wow that is early. During the summer I usually don't roll out of bed until 10:45. During the school year, I hardly manage at 8am. I am such a night owl & I love my sleep.

Good for you, hope you accomplish what you want!