Friday, July 11, 2008

You Bet We Did!

You may not know this, but in honor of Cow Appreciation Day, Chick Fil A is offering a free meal to anyone dressed like a cow today. I KNOW! How cool is that?! And seeing as I am always up for doing something ridiculous and always, always up for something free, I gussied my family up in our finest cow gear (re: felt spots, yarn tails and felt ears) and we mosied on to Chick Fil A and grazed on two kids meals, a number one no pickles and a DDP, and a number four with a Sweet Tea. All. For. Free. Seriously! I adore the Fil A, don't you?

Oh, you wanted to see pictures? Well, have no fear. While your Unsinkable may have forgotten to take the camera battery with her to the Fil A, thus negating any cool pictures with the Real Cow, I at least remembered to take them before we took off the Cow-ness. Also, we totally moo0-ed while ordering. "I would like a MOO number one no pickles MOO and two kids meals MOOOO....". Anyways, here are the pics.

The cow horns were a little difficult, and Little David looks like he has brown devil horns, but I figured they would appreciate the effort.


There is Tot's tail and Little David's shirt reads "I Luv Chiken". Strong.


Because I can do nothing without taking a picture of myself grinning badly.


First try with the camera's self timer. Not too shabby for the Cow Family!
(Also, some of my spots fell off and while you can't see it, Dave and I are both sporting cow tails tucked into our jeans. We were quite rad.)


So that was our cow time. Everyone at the store loved us (there were suprisingly few other cows) and Dave even helped a guy get a free entree by giving him a spot. And there was a super cool business man there who had cow stickers all over his suit and even one on his bald head. He is my hero.

Oh, and in case you didn't know this either - they have free slurpies at 7-11's today (See? Cause it's Seven Eleven today? Hahahahaha. So clever.) as well. We didn't get any pictures of that because, well, it's just not as funny to walk up and get a free slurpie with no fanfare or costume. But it was a delightful end to a free lunch! The promotion is all day long, so get thee to a Fil A and munch on some grindage!!



Author's Note: I'm going to play Bingo tonight at a REAL BINGO HALL. Stay tuned for the awesomeness.

9 comments:

Niki said...

you guys looked good!

:)

Nicole McIntyre said...

I'm so upset that I didn't know about this! I even have a chik fil calendar that mentioned cow appreciation day! I know for next year!

Tiffany said...

Did not know that -- so jealous! your costumes and photos are utterly rad!

LBC said...

LOVE IT!

Joanna said...

You guys are so cute! We did this today too! I threw our costumes together at the last minute, took some pictures, and blogged about it. :) It was super fun!

The Rhodes' said...

so jealous! I really wanted to go but couldn't convince anyone else to attend with me! Next year I am going with ya'll! ;)

Amy Lu said...

I really wish we lived in the same town. I need someone like you to bring entertainment to my life and get me to do wacky stuff.

I'm surprised they didn't call the local paper or news station and do a story on you for the event :)

Jen said...

Love it! You rock!

Beth said...

That's awesome we thought about it. Maybe next year!

How fun!