Monday, August 25, 2008

Menu Plan Monday

This post is really not for public consumption, because it's kindof boring as I don't cook anything fancy, but I'm having a hard time sticking to a menu, so I thought that if I posted it for the entire world to see then maybe I would be guilted into actually following it, but we'll see.

And seriously, could I have been any choppier or used any more commas? Ugh, I'm embarrassed.

Anyways, here's the plan:


Monday: Hot Wing Pizza (with homemade pizza dough) - YUM. We actually made home made pizza last night, too, and it was so good that I'm making another kind tonight. Chicken marinated in hot wing sauce, ranch dressing in place of pizza sauce. Drool.

Tuesday: TACO TUESDAY!!! While we usually have Eureka & Pizza, this week we will be frequenting the Taco Cabana establishment for some out of this world delicious tacos and chips and queso. Mmmm. We swear up and down that this is our only splurge this week, and since it's an entire taco meal for under three bucks we think we're doing good. Surely, Dave Ramsey agrees.

Wednesday: Crock Pot Brown Sugar Chicken. I got this from the coolest blog ever. EVER. This pioneer of awesomeness has dedicated herself to using her crock pot once a day, everyday, for the ENTIRE YEAR. And let me tell you, it's not just roasts she's doing. She's got desserts, side dishes, the most yummy of things you can imagine.

Thursday: Hmmm. I'm thinking that I'll probably just grill up some chicken and add some steamed veggies and make some rolls or bread sticks. Also, I don't think I ever feel more lazy than when I microwave a bag of steamed veggies. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the convenience of not have to do anything but press a few buttons, but really. Has it gotten so bad that I can't be bothered to open up the bag, toss it in a steamer bowl and microwave it that way? Apparently so.

Friday: Dave and I are going to be on the road on Friday, so we will probably grab something to eat that way, like more tacos. However, I guess I could make us some sammies and be all frugal. Hmmm. I'll let you know. Or not, I mean, I doubt you guys will be checking in here on Monday going "WHY? WHY? Hasn't she posted about the Sammie/Taco Debacle???"



There you go - an Unsinkable Meal Plan! Here's hoping I stick with it.

***

Author's Note: No worries, I will still blog about that super hilarious thing I did Saturday night. I'm just waiting for a few more pictures to spice it up :) Oh and Tot's first day has gone swimmingly, I'll post on that, too. Oh! And you look lovely today! Really, that shirt totally plays up your eyes. Smooches! ~UK

1 comment:

LBC said...

You make me laugh! I'm glad we're family - just wanted you to know!