Has anyone noticed that we are in AUGUST?!? I mean, seriously! I was talking with a friend yesterday and realized that my birthday is in less than a month, Tot's birthday is in 6 weeks, and we leave for Indiana in less than 8 weeks!! Holy Cow! I guess mentally I always stick August into the "Summer" category and September into the "Fall" category and I forget that they are actually rightnexttoeachother. It's a good thing I've got my Napstravaganza going on so that I'll be ready for the Fall and the start of our first official Home School Year. Eek!
Anyways, here is what I'm thankful for this week....
1. My pink lemonade. It is currently delicious.
2. That I got to play with Cheryl and Caleb today. I'm not thankful that she didn't get to go to Ecuador, but at least I got a play date out of the deal!
3. Chick-Fil-A's brand new Chick-Fil-A dipping sauce. I am a fan.
4. That Dave will be home tomorrow!! I know that I am thankful for this, like, every week or something, but I am perpetually surprised at how easy this whole traveling thing has been on us. So I guess, really I am thankful that the traveling hasn't been near as bad as I had thought it would be.
5. That I'm still going strong on Napstravaganza '08! I will probably take down the Twitter thing, though, because between trying to keep up with updating a blog, facebook, regular email, and actual person to person (or cell phone to cell phone) relationships, I'm about tapped out. As much as I like to inform the populace about my daily minutia, I think twitter is a bit much. Adios, Twit.
6. That the dogs are outside. They are noisy and I would be much more irritated if they were inside.
7. That someday, some wonderful day, I will not have to clean up anyone's pee. Someday, I will be done potty training and will not have a sick dog. Some day I will have so little to do with other people's pee that I will actually forget that other people do pee. That, my readers, will be a day I am thank - ful. Uh, how thankful.
8. The Twilight series. Ugh, I know, I'm a sucker for teenage melodrama, but it was AWESOME. I read 2400 pages in two and a half days (which, come to think of it, may be why I had such a problem keeping up with twitter... and the laundry) and it was awesome. I haven't enjoyed a series like that since Harry Potter and I am uber thankful that I started reading the first book on the day the last book came out. Saved myself a whole lot of waiting.
9. That the Twilight movie comes out in December. Seriously, this whole jumping on the bandwagon late thing has it's perks.
10. My Dyson vacuum. The kids have found Saltine crackers to be their new favorite snack, and as such I am spending most of my time trailing after them with the hose cleaning up all their crumbs. Also, for the record, when trying to save money on groceries, shell out the extra 30 cents and get the name brand Saltines, not the Kroger brand. The broken cracker to whole cracker ratio is much better with name brand.
Anyways, hope you all are having a very Thankful Thursday and I'll be here tomorrow with a Napstravaganza update! I know, you were all dying to know how my pantry was looking (it's looking awesome, by the way).