Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Finally.

I'm breaking out a Thankful Tuesday, because this morning is just so utterly pleasing that I can't help but be thankful. I am thankful for:

1. It being a crisp 53 degrees out. My windows are open, we are all in snuggly jammies, and it finally, finally, feels like Fall.

2. My Unsinkable mug that Scott and Cheryl got me for my birthday last year. It's holding some steaming coffee at the moment, and as soon as I can figure out how to make a chai latte, it will be holding that. It's the perfect size, has the perfect handle, and it's in the cutest colors. Strong.

3. My iPod. I've got Chris Rice's The Living Room Sessions playing right now, and it never fails to put me in a relaxed and peaceful state of mind. The cd is all old hyms played on one piano in Chris Rice's living room and the arrangements are gorgeous. I call it my Happy Music, because that's what I put on every time I get too irritated or stressed and every time it calms me down.

4. The sweat pants I'm wearing. They are snuggly, they are warm, and the are from Old Navy so they are also super duper cute. I. love. sweatpants.

5. That the kids are soooo grateful for the awesome breakfast I cooked. So grateful, in fact, that they maybe took two bites, one of which they spit out. It's it fantastic that they don't want to be greedy? Hmph. Anyways...

6. That today, I'm going to speed through my chores and Tot's school, and I'm going to really start getting my Fall preparation done. I'm going to get the clothes down from the attic, get Little David some new jammies, have the kids try on their Winter things, make the new clothes list, check their shoe sizes for new shoes, and maybe some other things. I do love a good list making session!

7. For the Just Between Friends sale! I'm hugely thankful for this giant consignment sale because it lets me get some brand new/almost brand new clothes for the kids for very little cash money. People from all over the area take their kids clothes and price them themselves, and then for three or four days you can comb through racks and racks of clothes. It's like a really, really nice all kids garage sale. Sometimes, the clothes have never been worn and you get them with the tags still on. Last year, I got an out fit for Little David (dress pants, dress shirt, tie (tie!) and sweater vest) that still had all the tags on it saying it was $20 for less than $5. I found a pair of $30 Ralph Lauren jeans for Tot (seriously, $30 jeans for a THREE year old) for less than $5 as well, which is less than I would pay for jeans at Target. Anyways, as you can tell, I'm pretty geeked. They have these sales twice a year and I save all the kids clothing money and get all their seasons clothes in one fell swoop. I won't be able to do as well this year, since Tot is getting so big (sob!) and they don't have as good of a selection for bigger kids, but I'll still do good enough to get 1/2 of her clothes there. Wow. I really just talked a long time about that sale.

8. I'm only TWO AND A HALF WEEKS away from my trip to Indiana!!!! I'm so very excited. You all know how I feel about Indiana, and now our really good friends, The Spicers, live there as well so now I have even more reasons to get excited about visiting. I've still got lots to do, including make packing lists and such (oh the lists!) but that will just make the time fly by!


Okay, I really meant for this post to be short and sweet because I really do have a lot to do, but you are just so cute this morning that I couldn't quit typing to you! Seriously, have you done something with your hair? A new shirt? Cause you are fabulous, friend. Just fabulous.

3 comments:

Nicole McIntyre said...

I think we are living the same day! I've got my windows flung open, most of my chores done so I can get some fall cleaning done, wearing comfy fleece sweatpants, and listening to the "gospel" genre on my ipod via my speaker dock! Thank you for reminding me to be thankful for my day!

BTW - how's the homeschooling going? Did you ever blog on why you guys decided to? Just being nosy!

Robin said...

We can't wait for your trip to Indiana either! You should really think about staying through saturday because Bob Brown is having a "Hoe Down" at the church and asking everyone to wear their boots and come ready to line dance! LOL

By the way, my hair is in a clean pony tail...thank you for noticing!

The Garrett's said...

Oh, maybe I'll see you at JBF. :) I love it too! And thanks for noticing my new haircut! I don't know if I told you that you totally inspired me to make a "fall preperations" list of my own. Like you, I love a good list making session. My husband thinks I'm a nerd, it's nice to have a friend who gets it! :)