Tuesday, September 02, 2008

In Honor Of Labor Day, Albeit A Smidge Late

Because who doesn't want to know this stuff??

How long were you in labor?


#1 (Tot) - 5 hours from induction to birth.
#2 (Little David) - Either 5 hours or 10 minutes, depending on how you look at it. I got to the hospital five hours before I gave birth, but they sent me home to sleep it off (yeah.) and I tried, but I woke up in active labor and Little David was born ten minutes after I got to the hospital.

How did you know you were in labor?

#1 - I was induced because of Pre-Ecclampisa three weeks early. I definitely knew I was in labor.
#2 - I took Castor Oil and the contractions started a few hours later.

Where did you deliver?

At the same hospital for both. LOVED it.

Drugs?

#1 - YES. I got the best drugs EVER and I swore up and down I would compose an Ode to my anesthesiologist. It was a pure delight. Like drinking hot chocolate on a cold day. Like getting a pair of warm socks when you're freezing. I have never felt so cold in my life and that epidural worked in sheer seconds and warmed me right up and numbed me right down. Perfection embodied in a drug. I felt so fine after having Tot I thought I could do it all again a second time in a few hours. I almost did a jig right afterwards. God Bless Drugs.

#2. No. No, I didn't. And it hurt. Oh, it hurt.

C-Section?

Au Natural for both.

Who delivered?

#1 - My lovely and supa fabulous man doctor. He's a gem.

#2 - My equally lovely and supa fabulous women nurses. Little David arrived ten minutes after I got to the hospital and my poor Doctor was running down the hallway as Bubba made his grand entrance.


With Little David I live-blogged my contractions (I am a slave to the internet) and if you had ever thought to yourself "Self, I sure do wish I knew more about the Unsinkable's last pregnancy!" well, my Xanga blog holds all the details. Go forth and learn. If I ever have another kid, you can bet your bottom dollar I'll be live-blogging the birth (well, without some of the squishier details, I mean, I love you all, but there are some lines). So, you have that to look forward to.

And also, if you ever wanted to spend hours reading labor stories, hitch on over to Rocks In My Dryer where all sorts of women are posting all sorts of labor stories. Good times, friends, Good times. I'll be back tomorrow with my Annual Fall Preparation List, so hold on to your hats and I'll see you this time tomorrow!

1 comment:

The Garrett's said...

Okay, our birth stories are amazingly similar. It's crazy!