Thursday, September 04, 2008

No Shame, My Friends, No Shame.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ME!!!!



That's right, friends. It's my favorite day of the year - MY BIRTHDAY!!! I do love myself a birthday, no matter the age, and I do love to celebrate. One thing I have learned from my many, many years as The Unsinkable, is that if you wait around for everyone to remember your birthday on their own it will be no fun. No fun at all, and some of your friends may just be bad with dates. Why go through all that? Why feel bad and then make your friends feel bad for forgetting. Nope, not for me. Instead I choose to loudly proclaim the day of my birth from the rafters of the blogosphere to unflinchingly solicit well wishes and cheery hello's.

I don't need presents or cards (although, let's be honest, I won't give them back or anything) but I do have to celebrate with my pals. And you are my pals, pals. You are simply fabulous, and I wouldn't enjoy my days near as much without you.

It's a good day to be Unsinkable!

Ps - How do you like the new header? Don't worry, I'll replace it with a picture of landscape here soon enough. We've probably seen enough of my head for awhile :)

19 comments:

becky said...

oooooo yay!! i'm first! they say it's your birthday! happy happy birthday! they say it's your birthday! happy birthday to you!! naaaaanananananan...well, you get it!!

Sarah said...

I love the header...hilarious. I hope you have a great birthday.

Cynthia said...

Happy Birthday to you! I remember where I was 27 years ago today... do you? (wink)

Love you, kiddo.

April Spicer said...

Happy Birthday my sweet Unsinkable!!!!!!!!! Thank you for shouting it from the rooftops! I think it is the best. Enjoy your day and I'll be calling you shortly. I love you!

April Spicer said...

I left you a present on my blog.

LBC said...

Oh my goodness you are hilarious! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Hope you have a great one!

NinjaPrincess said...

Too funny!

Happy Birthday :)

Diana Richards said...

Love the header!!! Not sure if I want you to change it, though! It rocks! Here's to the 4-teired plan starting Monday! Happy Birthday!

mixednutts said...

Happy birthday, Kristen!

amber said...

Happy birthday friend! I hope you have a wonderful day! Looking forward to celebrating Sat. night

Luke said...

[cheerily] Hello!

I wish you well, and I am glad to be one of your pals. The header is hysterical. Happy Birthday!

~Luke

Tiffany said...

Love the banner. STRONG.

Emily said...

Happy Birthday! You share a birthday with my brother! Enjoy your day!

Regena said...

Happy Birthday Kristen! Do you remember your surprise party in Shores? Miss those days and miss you!

Kristen said...

Love the header! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Nicole McIntyre said...

Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday,HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Hope your socks have been properly rocked!

Scott said...

Wow you are getting all sorts of birthday love. Nice template change. The header especially!!

Tracey Clem said...

Happy happy birthday, dear girl! I am thankful for you, and the special little chuckle you bring to my day when I read your hilariousness.

Robin said...

Happy Birthday Kristen!!!!!

Can't wait to see you.