Thursday, September 18, 2008

Thankful Thursday

I know! Two days of thankfulness - what a bargain.

Today I am thankful for:

1. The fact that I am not dead right now. This morning at 9:15 the kids and I decided to take a walk to the park with our neighbor and a friend of hers. We do school at 10, so we would have plenty of time. TWO HOURS later and a very sore Unsinkable later, we are home. Yeah. There was much stopping and starting for kids that were crying, a much longer walk than I anticipated, and a wagon that was full of 70 pounds of toddler. I'm lucky to be alive. Also, lucky that I can just push school back to 11:30 and it not be a big deal. I've got an in with the principal.

2. The weather - again! It's only 68 degrees right now and I am LOVING it. I've got my window open and my bottle of water (trying to replenish all that sweat), the kids are watching Dragon Tales (thank you, PBS) and I'm good to go.

3. The fact that as soon as school is over and naptime begins, I'm getting back in my jammies and calling it a day. The kids have been in their jammies all day, but then again, they are wearing sweatpants and tshirts so it's not altogether noticable. Have I mentioned I love homeschooling??

4. Pizza Rolls. After all that hard work, I feel the need, the need for junk food.

5. David working from home. This morning we all had breakfast (insanely good homemade oatmeal. I am a star.) together and listened and danced to "Free Bird" on my iPod. Now that's what I call family bonding.

...


...


...


Okay, I am thankful for a whole lot more than that today, but my brain has officially turned off. I'm going to go get a snack and then start school. Let's hope Tot's brain isn't turned off, too :)

1 comment:

Regena said...

You can never ever beat pizza rolls. Dr. Pepper?