Thursday, September 25, 2008

You Knew It Couldn't Last.

Thanks for the "Dude, that sucks" remarks. It's good to know I haven't totally alienated every reader by delving into such potentially icky topics. I swear up and down that this blog will not turn into The-Unsinkable's-Hormonal-Rants-Made-Public blog. While amusing, that probably wouldn't be very productive and I estimate I would lose every male reader within a month. And you guys are just too adorable for me to run you off with my lady innards talk. So, you can rest assured that I am indeed feeling less morose today and the information/emotion dump was totally what I needed.

Moving On.

What's that? You wanted a Thankful Thursday post? Well, I think that I can manage that.

1. I am thankful for you guys. You really are great. And a striking bunch if I do say so myself. And I do (you knew I would).

2. I am thankful that Dave will be home tonight!!! After three days in Phoenix, I am missing my pal and I'm ready to get some good snuggle time in.

3. I am thankful that THE OFFICE IS BACK ON TONIGHT!!!!! AAHHHHHHH. We all know I heart Jim (in a totally fake-boyfriend way) and I am so excited to watch The Office tonight I can barely stand it. I see combining this show with a Tall Caramel Chai Tea Latte, snuggling on the couch with Dave, and it being the most perfect evening ever.

4. Countdown to leaving Indiana: ONE WEEK. I know! It's crazy, and I would love to again spout of my love for all things Hoosier, but I think I've done that to death. Anyways, I would like to quickly tell my cousins that I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU!! (Karen, Colleen, Sierra & Patrick - we will have SO much fun.) I have the world's best cousins, and even though I am ten years older than the oldest (sigh.) we always have fun together and I am crazy thankful for them.

5. I am thankful that I'll get to see my Dad next Saturday!! I have a pretty great Dad and I don't get to see him much because we live forever long apart, but I'll get some good time in next weekend and I'm SO excited! Tot is also excited because she has assumed that whenever she sees a grandparent, she gets a present. We're working on this (ahem...Nana :) ), but Dad, you've been warned. :)

6. I am thankful that it shouldn't get to 90 degrees today. I will melt and die if it does.

7. I am thankful that Tot has learned to say funny things in Spanish. And by Spanish, I mean completely made up words or words that are definitely not Spanish. Example: "SILENCE! That means "be quiet" in Spanish, Mom." It definitely makes our daily exchanges that more interesting.

8. I am thankful, again, for how funny Tot is. Two days ago I made cinnamon rolls for breakfast and I told Tot that she could spread her own icing on hers with her little knife. She got all excited and then said she had to go to the potty. I assured her that the cinnamon roll would wait, so she ran off. Two seconds later she says "Oh Mommy, I made some pee pees in my underwear" all sad like. I told her it was no problem, but asked what happened as she was literally inches away from the toilet, and she said "I just got too excited about spreading all that icing on the cinnamon roll by myself." I understand, Tot. That icing is pretty tasty.



Well, I am, of course thankful for much more, but that will have to do today. I have a friend coming over to hang out this morning and a husband coming home this evening and I really must clean the house. Don't tell Dave, but I didn't do a stitch of cleaning while he was gone. :)

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

I'm so glad that Tot's not ashamed of her uncontrollable love for icing. I'm right there with you, Tot.

Chappy said...

I do read this you know...I love you mooches smooches...

The Aubrinator said...

I am sooooo excited to see the Office, too! There had TOTALLY better not be a need for another Presidential address tonight that will foul up tivos, yo.

Luke said...

I'm so sorry I didn't get your post in my reader until today, so I didn't get to tell you that, "Dude, that sucks."

Sad times. Now I feel like I need a, "Dude, that sucks" because I let you down.

In a random note, I was going to mix up your suggested words because I'm a non-conformist... but then realized that was a very, very bad idea. And so I naturally found it funny, and thought I would share, but not share too much, just in case someone got mad at me. ...huh, what, Luke?

Nothing.

And, personally, I think a post on "The-Unsinkable's-Hormonal-Rants-Made-Public blog" every once in a while would be great. Maybe that's just one more way that I'm anti-typical-male, but, for what it's worth.

And as for not having kids... not happening with us either, so we're exploring other options.

Hang in there. Glad you're thankful for me and my striking personality. I appreciate it [smile].

Have a great day!

~Luke

NinjaPrincess said...

This will be our first season watching "The Office" without a DVR, and I'm somewhat apprehensive. I'm praying I'll be able to have a good attitude if the little people wake up and interrupt the show...

My prediction:
Jim & Pam will break up. It will be Toby's fault. You heard it here first.

The Garrett's said...

I'm right there with you on #3. Jim is my TV boyfriend too. Your Tot is so funny!