Monday, November 03, 2008

For Today... A Random Survey I Found



Outside my Window...

It is a nice, cool, 60 degrees outside and there is a breeze blowing through my window. It's supposed to be in the low 80's today. A perfect Texas November.

I am thinking...

That it's kindof nice waking up early and not feeling rushed through anything. I've got the dishes put away, the laundry started, my bible read, my kids hugged and snuggled, and I've made a good breakfast for my man. A good way to start the day.

From the learning rooms...

Today, we will be reading out of a selection of books and working on our copywork some more. Tot pretty well knows all the letters, now we are working on firming up her knowledge of sounds and writing them a little clearer. We will also be working on her memory verse and some counting. Little David will be playing :)

I am thankful that....

Dave and I hammered out a good menu this week and a great get the house back in shape plan. With all the traveling things had spiraled downward and Dave is being a pretty rad husband and is helping me with the mess until we get it tamed.

From the kitchen...

I made eggs and strawberry toast this morning, for lunch we are having sandwiches and ants on a log (or maybe leftovers from Ghengis Grill last night - yumO), and for dinner we are having our favorite, stir fry. Seriously, could we be more fancy?

I am wearing...

A cute shirt I got at Old Navy last night (on sale!), my favorite jeans, new house shoes I got at Old Navy last night (not on sale, boo.), and an apron.

I am reading...

A Place Of Quiet Rest, by Nancy Lee DeMoss. It's about having quiet time with God each day and about ordering your life around it. Pretty good stuff.

I am hoping...

To get my stuff done today and to keep the positive attitude that I feel this morning. I am also hoping to see a little chocolate in my future.

I am creating...

My Christmas list. We just finished funding our Christmas budget and I've got a burning desire to get started on my Christmas shopping! But like a good Dave Ramsey girl, I'm going to sit down and make a good list of all the gifts we want to get, and then go out and buy them with cash. I do love Christmas shopping.

I am hearing...

Sesame Street in the living room (Should you want to know, the number of the day is 14) and the dryer drying a load of grays. Yes, we had so many clothes piled up that there is actually an entire load of grays.

Around the house...

I've got to finish the laundry, clean up the horror that is the kitchen floor, and vacuum around the house. It's kindof a light day since I have to grocery shop as well and run some other errands.

One of my favorite things...

Is my kicky new hat that I just got this weekend. I'm not a leisure hat kindof gal normally, but this one was so fun that I got it anyway and wore it on my girls night out this past Saturday. Apparently, it restores some kindof youthful glow to my face, because while at dinner the whole table got drinks and I was the only one to get carded. Seriously. Everyone was chuckling after ordering asking if the waiter needed to card us, and he says "No not you guys (chuckle chuckle) but I actually do need to card her." and pointed to me. I laughed thinking he was just being funny, but dude he was really, truly serious. I think it may be a magic hat.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...

Finishing up the laundry (it truly is a week long task), getting the house nice and clean, going to Dave's last softball game tonight, and that's pretty much it. We've got a real quiet week ahead of us and I couldn't be more pleased.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

My Bingo Gals at Girls Night. Bingo rocks my face off.
Also, I like the Daubers.


Meghan, Angie and I at Logans


Me, the Kicky Hat, and my Drink.
Good Times.

2 comments:

The Garrett's said...

We had Gengis Grill yesterday too & I'll be making stir fry at home this week (trying to copy what I had there)!

Angela

megrynders said...

Kristen,
This tops the list as one of the best blogs ever! LOL!! We MUST play bingo again together...it was MUCHO FUN! The lighting in Logan's was fabulous..we all look tan! LOL