Thursday, October 30, 2008

Thankful Thursday

So I've been feeling a little... anxious the past few days because of some things and I can't think of a better way to get my head back in the game than by writing out all the things I'm thankful for. It seems that when I get all twirly and thinking about things that I have no control over and that I desperately want control over, I get uptight and stressed and unfocused. And then being that way just makes me more anxious, which helps nothing. I'm thinking that by enumerating all the fabulous things that I have going on right now will make the things that are stress inducing seem not as important or worth my many thoughts and will thus tamp the crazy back down to manageable levels.

And so, once again, I give you....Thankful Thursday.

1. I am thankful for the donut that I am eating at this very moment while I type one handed.

2. I am thankful for Little David crying in the middle of the night last night and then when I got to him, saying "Snuggle you, Mommy. Here." Could you not just die?

3. I am thankful that I got some pretty sweet face wash samples in the mail yesterday. They are the kind that much more expensive than I would usually buy, so it's been fun trying them out.

4. I am thankful that Dave will be home today. I miss my pal!!!

5. I am thankful that I woke up this morning with two, count them, two kids in my bed. Nothing like thinking you're going to get a whole bed to yourself for a night and then waking up to octopus limbs all over you and a few fingers in your eye. No really, it's sweet. Love those warm, sweaty bodies all up in my grill.

I'm going to have to do that one over, aren't I?

5. I am thankful that I have a big bed.

6. I am thankful that my sister in law, Laura Beth, came over yesterday to hang out while Dave was out of town and brought me Starbucks. That's how you know you got a pretty sweet deal out of the whole in law thing.

7. I am thankful for my Mom and my friends, who understand when I am being all twirly and dramatic and just let me go on until I run out of steam and then give me very good advice.

8. I am thankful that throughout the anxious time, I have still managed to lose 5 pounds. My friend and I decided that we were going to lose 10 pounds by Thanksgiving and I am usually a stress eater, so I'm thankful I'm not doing that. Well, except for the donut. And the Chick Fil A two days ago.

9. I am thankful that I get to go play Bingo this weekend!!!! My friend, Diana, is moving to Arizona soon (sigh.) and we're having one last girls night before she goes. We're going to go get an early bird dinner at Logan's Roadhouse (the establishment that serves the yummo drink I am partaking of in my header) and then we are going to go to the Bingo hall and play until the wee hours of the night. Strong.

10. I am thankful that the weather is fantastic today and that the kids will get to play outside and that we'll all get a good dose of Vitamin D.



See? Already feeling better.

No comments: