Monday, November 10, 2008

Menu Plan Monday

I'll be guest blogging over at Happy To Be At Home this week, so be sure to check out my additional posts there! And now, on to the show.


Since I'm blogging about my kitchen and the fixins therein, I decided that a plan was probably in order. I'm not a particularly creative cook, and I really enjoy baking a lot more, but I figured that it would do our family good for me to break out of my rut and try some new things. So I pulled out my latest issue of Everyday With Rachael Ray (yeah, I don't know why I get it, either, but it was crazy cheap [$12 for four years!!] and so I got it because I can't resist a deal) and flipped around trying to find some neat stuff. I would love to link to the recipes, but apparently Rachael frowns on posting every recipe from her magazine on the internet. Oh well. Here is the result:

Sunday: Grilled Chicken & Sweet Potatoes

Monday: Pasta with Roasted Cauliflower & Ham

Tuesday: Turkey-and-Stuffing Pie & Steamed Peas

Wednesday: Chicken Tender Wraps

Thursday: No Meat Spaghetti & Sauteed Acorn Squash with Onion

Friday: Homemade Pizza (using this dough recipe)

Saturday: BBQ Chicken in Crock Pot


You know, I think all of that sounds pretty tasty! Now, since Dave will be out of town on one or two of those days, I foresee having lots of leftovers. But that's okay, that just means good leftovers for lunch!

What are you making this week?

***
For more Menu Plan Mondays, visit www.orgjunkie.com

2 comments:

April Spicer said...

Send over the empanada recipe. I know what you put in it, but I need the dough strategy. Everything looks yummy. Very interested in the roasted cauliflower. I'm proud of this menu, K. Looks healthy and scrumptious!

erin said...

Hi- i just found you through the happy to be at home site. I am having empanadas this week and I've never made them. Will you please send the dough recipe to me when you get a chance

thanks...also, i appreciated your thoughts on limits and slowing down. i'm working on the same thing right now and it's so rewarding and tiring at the same time.

God bless you in your efforts- we all need him don't we?

erin@fugal.net