Wednesday, December 31, 2008

I Am, Of Course, Resolute.

It's that time again, kiddos. New Years Resolution Time. The time of year where we all think of the coming year and imagine the great possibilites. Where we dream about being all that we can be, kicking those habits we've stubbornly held on to, finally reading all those bestsellers and seeing all those Oscar winning movies. In short, it is the time of year where we are high.

This year, I am determined to have a high resolution completion rate, and so I'm aiming low :)

Resolution #1: Have A Baby.

Resolution #2: Read the Bible in a year, along with My Utmost For His Highest.

Resolution #3: Potty train Little David, Lord Please.

Resolution #4: Lose the baby weight. Might as well start thinking about that now :)

Resolution #5: Eat some chocolate every week. Try to not let that interfere with Goal #4.

Resolution #6: Not incur any late fees at the library. I mean, seriously. I'm awful with that.

Resolution #7: Eat more Sushi. I'll stick with the cooked kind for now, but as soon as that baby comes out I'm chowing down. That's right, Unagi, I'm looking at you.

Resolution #8: Not keep Netflix movies for over a month. It defeats the purpose.

Resolution #9: Learn how to crochet. Maybe. I've wanted to do this for years and never have, so I'm not going to be too bent out of shape if I don't get to it. Maybe this should be a long term goal...

Resolution #10: Plant something. I'm not going to resolve to plant a garden or even a vegetable. I'm just wanting to plant something. And not kill it. Maybe that should be the real goal. Not kill at least one plant.



Okay, so there are my goals. I like to make ten goals so that next year I can easily compute my success rate :) What about you? What are your resolutions/goals this year?

3 comments:

Sue said...

Coming at you from Japan here. I have good news. Unagi is never served raw -- go for it! I never did give up sushi while pregnant, but I have the benefit of getting it really fresh.

Oh, and I am with you on most of those resolutions -- especially #3 and #5! Happy New Year!

Gayle said...

Great resolutions/goals! Mine are listed on my blog too. It's a fresh start! Happy 2009!

Sarah said...

And here I thought Unagi was always being aware.