Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Pregnancy Update: Don't Worry, I Won't Yammer On About This Every Day.

Obviously, the whole being pregnant thing is a pretty big deal for me. I've wanted this for a long time and now that I finally am, I am THRILLED. I am also completely astounded at how fast my body remembers what it's supposed to be doing, and how big of an effect pregnancy has on me. These little things just keep popping up and I go "Oh yeah, I do that when I'm pregnant" or "Oh wow, didn't that that would happen so fast". Oh, and I swear I won't talk about this every single day. Really. I'll try to contain myself to one information dump a week.

Point #1: I am already in maternity clothes.

I know! I'm not even six weeks yet! It seems totally ridiculous and slightly over dramatic (which we all know I have a tendency to be) but I swear up and down that my stomach is too big for my clothes. Since the baby is still barely the size of a coffee bean, it's just bloating (such a romantic term), but it's enough that my pants don't fit and I had to move into my nice and stretch maternity pants. Luckily, I can still wear most of my shirts, so at least I'm not freakishly huge yet. Also, the wonderful ladies at my church all told me how fast they started showing with their second and third children and it made me feel much more normal. Well, in that regard anyways.

Point #2: Last night I cried at a fluff piece on the news.

I am literally breaking down and crying at the most ludicrous of things. Also one of those things I forgot, when pregnant I cry at everything. If it is remotely sentimental or sweet, I'm a goner. I teared up hearing a news segment on a guy who drove around looking for people with broken cars to help, just because some one had helped him years ago, and I broke down absolutely sobbing while watching Adam Sandler in Click. I know. Dave just looks over at me and says "Seriously?" and then lets me ball on his chest for however long. He's a good man.

Point #3: I'm throwing up.

This requires little explanation, but I had hoped that since I wasn't sick at all with Tot that I would somehow miss this little gem. It has me thinking that maybe it's a boy, but since we aren't finding out the gender, I guess I have a while to keep on guessing.

Point #4: I'm exhausted.

Now before you call me out for having that stinky attitude I was talking about yesterday, I'm not complaining - seriously. I'm just saying, Wow. I don't remember being so tired, so soon, and not being able to carry anyone for any amount of time. My energy is just at record low. I try to tell myself that it's because I am making a person, but when you are normally a pretty high energy gal, it can be irritating. On the plus side, it makes napping that much more rational. And I'm a fan of rational naps.


So there you go, that's the update on The Unsinkable Baby. I promise not to inundate you with so much baby talk that you go nuts, I'll try to keep it at a reasonable limit :) Ta!

6 comments:

becky said...

i had no sickness with luke at all. had it for 2 weeks with seth and 2 weeks with ally claire...so ya never know! my hair and skin were totally different with the little lady than they were with the men children.

MamaHenClucks said...

It's okay. I'm not having anymore but I LOVED being pregnant, so dump all you want :) Even being sick and exhausted, I loved it! I'll remember my pregnancies through you :)

janellybelly said...

I read somewhere that in the first trimester your body is working as hard as if you were hiking 10 miles a day! No wonder we get soooo tired!!! It takes a LOT of energy to make a sweet little one! Congrats!!! =]

Gayle said...

LOL... Maybe it's twins! Just kidding... I'm sure it's bloating. =) Your baby talk is fine. It's where you are right now... and it is fantastic! Enjoy every minute of it. I had 3 boys and all 3 pregnancies were completely different. That is really cool that you are not finding out what it is. I love the surprise and suspense of it all.

Linda said...

Hope you're having a better day today!
Maybe this will help!
I've nominated you for the Marie Antoinette Award!
Check it out at www.xanga.com/faithmom6
hugs

Donielle @ Raising Peanuts said...

I know you're on a break - but girl - I TOTALLY cried a couple weeks ago watching Click. Seriously, pregnancy does something to your emotions.