Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Tuesday Favorites

Ahh, Tuesday Favorites. I haven't done this in a long time, but I thought I would give it a shot this week. I'm not promising to bring it back permanently, but who knows?

1. Dave's Clothes - My husband is a sever pragmatist when it comes to clothes. They must meet three criteria: super comfy, light weight, and casual. Anything that has scratchy material goes. No wool, no polyester. Nothing that is too thick, bxpecause he runs hot (because he IS hot :) ) and nothing that is too dressy. He's just not dressy people. All of these criteria combined with my expanding sillhoutte means Dave's clothes have been disappearing from his side of the closet and making their way over to my floor (because I don't hang clothes up). It's driving him a little nuts, but he'd rather me be comfy in his clothes than complain in mine :) Currently, I'm wearing a pair of fleece pants of his (that he deemed "too warm" and I saved from the return pile) and a fleece shirt of his that I mentioned on Sunday. Beautiful.

2. Beef and Milk. Together. - This baby is very opinionated and it's digging on lots of milk and lots of beef. Steak, hamburger, bar-b-que, doesn't matter. I just need beef. One night I ate a giant steak for dinner, a beefeater from Jason's Deli for lunch the next day, and then Hibachi steak for dinner that night and a steak for dinner the following night. Tonight I had a chipotle burrito (steak, rice and just a dash of cheese) and 24 oz of milk and I'm thinking that I'm going to get up and get another glass in just a minute.

3. Friends - Dave and I are in a Friends series binge right now. We've watched all of season two, and are currently on disk four of season three and will probably get to season four tonight. We've got all of the ten seasons and it's our favorite show of all time and easily the one we quote the most in daily conversations. We know that we are destined to be friends with people when they quote Friends in a conversation first.


4. FlyLady.com - You may mock all you want, but I love the Fly Lady. Her cleaning/organizing system may seem a bit much, it may even BE a bit much, but nothing gets me out of the house cleaning duldrums like a little pep talk from The Fly Lady. "You Can Do Anything In 15 Minutes" "You Aren't Behind, Just Jump In Where You're At" "Are You Living In CHAOS - Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome" (And for the record, yes I am.) All of her little saying help me jump in when I've let things go too far. I'm pretty much a born organized person (or, as Fly Lady calls us "BO's") and I usually don't need much help on the cleaning and organizing. However, upon hitting my wall in this pregnancy, I let the house and general maintenance get to unyielding levels of conquest, and I needed a nice little boost to get me out of my slump and into my shoes. Fly Lady did this with her clean sink rule and bedtime routines. If you are in a slump, you totally need to go here. Oh, and if you sign up for her mailing list, be prepared for a deluge of emails. I don't bother with the list, I just use the website.

5. Pringles. Cheryl, you will be pleased to note that this particular craving is back and that the day after Christmas I ate an entire can in 30 minutes.


Well, that's it. My favorite things this week. I think that maybe I will keep this up, it is indeed rather fun. See you tomorrow for New Year's Resolutions - bring yours, we'll make it a party!

3 comments:

Jill said...

I so enjoy reading your blog. Not even sure how I came across it, but you have such a great way of expressing yourself and the happenings in your life. Anyway, I am a few weeks ahead of you in pregnancy with #3, as well. And I am SO into Pringles this time around! How funny!

MamaHenClucks said...

We love Friends over here, too. When I was pregnant with my son, I couldn't eat enough salty foods - popcorn, chips, pretzels - and beef. Too weird. Chickie girl brought out the sweet side of me and the chocolate cravings never went away! What a fun read!

Gayle said...

Hi there... glad you're back!! I am having a really hard night and reading your blog helped me lighten up a bit... thanks for being so fun. =) Enjoy your Pringles! (and beef and milk... LOL... and chocolate)