Friday, January 09, 2009

Fetus Friday!

I decided that a new weekly feature would be fun, and that it would give me the chance to spill all that wonderful pregnancy news that everyone is dying to hear. Or, it will give you a chance to decide that you really don't want to know and that Fridays you just won't come and check in here. Whichever :) Anyways, on we go!

Fetus Friday!!


Week:
Eleven

Weight Gain:
0 Pounds.

I can't decide whether I think it's totally rad that I haven't gained any weight or if I think it sucks because it means that I've been throwing up a lot and my appetite just isn't at it's usual ferocity. For now, I'll just enjoy my cute little belly because I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that by the end of this I will look like a water balloon in pantyhose with a double chin. Trust me.

Aches & Pains:
With the exception of some sciatic pain a few weeks ago, I have been feeling pretty good. My energy level is slowly coming back and I'm able to do more than just lay on the couch, for which everyone is thankful. I'm pretty sure that Dave was developing a nervous tic from seeing the house so messy. I think I'm finally past all that yucky stuff and into the part of pregnancy that I love best.

Cravings: Still Beef and Milk. Dave is loving this baby because I've been wanting Chipotle burritos all the time. Chipotle is one of Dave's favorite places to eat and I usually just don't care for it. There are plenty of other places we agree on, so we hardly ever eat there. Except for now. I've been getting their burrito with beef and rice. Pretty plain, but it's been hitting the spot. Hitting the spot so much that we've eaten there more in the last three months than we have in the last 5 years. Also, Pizza Hut thin crust cheese pizza.

Totally Cool Developments:
Right now the coolest thing is that we got to see the baby at the sonogram. The doctor got a great shot and we could see the head, both arms and legs, and what was either a little boy part or the last remaining part of a tail. We're not really sure. Baby had a racing heart beat (179) and was squirming and dancing all over the place. Dave and I about died because it looked like the baby was just rockin' to it's own little beat. Can't wait to meet this thing.

The Belly Pic:
And now, the part you've all been waiting for....


I know. I'm huge. This whole third-baby-makes-the-belly-jump-out thing is kind of ridiculous.
Also, could there be a weirder way to pose for a photo? There has to be a better way to see the side view and not look like the exorcist.


Anyways, there you go! Happy Fetus Friday!!



10 comments:

Diana said...

yeah for fetus fridays!!! i'm hooked!! and you look grrrrrrrrrrreat!

Tiffany said...

Yipee for #3!

MamaHenClucks said...

My favorite thing from being pregnant? Looking back at the belly pics and seeing how HUGE I got by the end! I think I'll love Fetus Fridays!

SLO said...

Thanks for Fetus Fridays!! I love it. I am only a couple of weeks behing you and am hopeful that I will be feeling better soon:) Thanks for the laugh today. Oh, and since you dont know who I am, let me explain. I went to Harding, am good friends with Brandy Keesling/Simmons (from Indy) and also know Robin Abels through Brandy. I also went to church in middle school with your husband at Richland Hills C of C, but he probably doesnt remember me. Just tell him I knew Ryan Chamblee and Evie Brooks and maybe that will help. I was only there a few years. Totally random, but I have enjoyed reading your blog and thought I should say hello:)

The Garrett's said...

I'm loving the name, Fetus Fridays, too funny. I lived on Pizza Hut thin crust cheese pizza when it was pregnant with Adam! That was my favorite pregnancy craving! YUM!!!

Nicole McIntyre said...

I think you look adorable and not at all excorcist, but that's just one girls opinion. I'm excited about fetus friday! They bring back all the fun memories from when I was preggers with B. I also think 0 pounds gained is a blessing!

Beth said...

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! For posting belly pictures. I was beginning to think I was going crazy. I'm just as big. Sunday I had 3 people pat what I consider "my gut" but I guess it wouldn't be there if not for a baby pushing it out. I even got belly bands today, then I LOL at how they didn't work!
Maybe I should just embrace it.
I love the Fetus Friday idea!!!!

waller family said...

ahhh!!! you look amazing my friend :) i am so very excited for you and can't wait to meet the next member of the chapman fam!

janellybelly said...

I LOVE IT!!!! I am just 2 weeks behind you girl. This is my 2nd time around and boy have I been sick & tired! I can't WAIT to start feeling better. The second trimester is my fave too! Get as much done as you can! LOL I weighed myself the other day and I am down 1/2 a lb! I agree...my appitite isn't the same! Praying for you! xoxo

Janell

Jennifer said...

I totally love the weekly update...must confess the title "Fetus Friday" slightly freaks me out. The word fetus gives me the willies!