Friday, January 23, 2009

Fetus Friday!

Hellooo! It's Fetus Friday and I'm Feelin' Fine. Foxy, even. Fabulous! Fantastic! And alliterative, apparently.

Regardless, it's a good day here in Texas. It's supposed to be 80 degrees where I'm at, so that means a LOT of time outside for the kiddos and I, which is good because we have been sorely missing our vitamin D. We played outside yesterday for about 2 hours and the kids got themselves all sorts of beat up running around the yard, digging in the dirt and climbing our bush that is the size of a medium tree. They loved it and slept great last night and are ready for round two tonight before the cold front comes in tomorrow.

And now... Fetus Friday!


Week: Thirteen

Weight Gain: 0 pounds still. I may have gained a pound, but I forgot to weigh myself this morning. As of yesterday I still haven't gained anything so, I'm going with that. I've started to be pleased with this development instead of worried, because the baby is munching on my love handles and I'm cool with that. My butt is also disappearing and I'm not as cool with that because I have absolutely no butt to begin with an pretty soon here I'm going to be concave. I already can barely keep my pants up.

Aches & Pains: None really to speak of, besides the still going on barfing. I'm not sick nearly as often, so that's pleasant. But it's really all because of my rock star medicine. I was even able to eat breakfast the past two mornings in a row and I'm pretty stoked about that. This morning I drank my favorite fruit smoothie in the world, something I haven't been able to touch since the first week I was pregnant. A little OJ, a banana, and some frozen fruit blended all up = one awesome smoothie with no junk in it. Tasty, tasty treat. I'll be happy to start being able to eat fruits and vegetables again.

Cravings: Hmm...salt. Lots and lots of salt. And milk, still. Lots and lots of milk. I've been completely neglecting any sugary foods (again, who am I??) and have been focusing on the saltiest things I can find. McDonalds, still. And one day I ate TWO packages of Ramen noodles. I'm supposed to be avoiding salt, but that is literally all that sounds good. Yummy, salty things. So, I'm going with my body and eating them. At least I'm drinking 24 oz of milk with almost each meal.

Totally Cool Developments: I think that I'll start to feel the baby move here soon. I've been feeling a lot of bubbles lately, the ones you feel right before you really start feeling the moves. By far, one of my favorite parts of pregnancy is feeling the baby swim and move and kick and spin. There is just nothing cooler than seeing your stomach move independently from your will and realizing that there really is someone in there who isn't you. I can't wait for the alien moving to begin :)

The Belly Pic: I'll get this up later tomorrow when Dave is home and can take it for me. Also, I haven't showered yet and am totally still in my jammies. No one wants to see that.

5 comments:

Nicole McIntyre said...

I'm glad you are feeling better. What medicine are you on?

Unsinkable Kristen said...

The generic brand of Zofran. It's awesome. Awesome.

MamaHenClucks said...

I would be pregnant a hundred times, just to feel the baby move. I think it is the absolute coolest thing. There is a PERSON in there. An entire human being - is there anything neater than that?

Nicole McIntyre said...

My sister lived on Zofran. I think she thought about using it as a middle name.... Granted, she had extreme morning sickness. Seriously, she threw up the night before she had my niece. And on a cop's shoes.

The Aubrinator said...

I vote boy--I was wanting nothing but salt with Jonathan. (With Miss L, I wanted Cake and more Cake.)

My favorite salty thing when I had super bad Morning sickness was hot dogs fried in soy sauce. TRY IT, it is so good. Many a night my hubby would cook a full meal and I'd barf and then eat soy suace fried dogs.