Thursday, January 29, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Edited to add: I am THANKFUL that I just felt the baby move for the first time. So no matter what happened this morning, we call this "Good Day" :)


1. I am thankful that my kids have clean hair, even though they got it because they poured shampoo all over themselves while I was asleep.

2. I am thankful that Little David is entirely clean, even though he's that way because he pulled down his poopy diaper and smeared it all over his legs. Also while I was asleep.

3. I am thankful that I don't have to make pancakes this morning because that is their punishment.

4. I am thankful that both of my kids are coughing like they have emphysema because that means I don't have to make an excuse to stay at home all day in my jammies.

5. I am thankful that Dave is in the state, even if he's in Dallas. I just keep chanting to myself "He will be home tonight. He will be home tonight." So far, it's keeping the crazy at bay.

6. I am thankful that I am still puking my guts out because that means I'm still pregnant. I am less thankful for puking up four cubes of cheese this morning that I ate trying to keep the sickness from coming. Hideous is the only word I can come up with to describe it.

7. I am thankful that Tot is snuggling beside me on the couch and that we are pals again. We are making progress in that she understood that she had done a bad thing and tried to clean it up before she came and got me. That's much better than me just finding it at some point and her laughing.

8. I am thankful that I will get a nap today since I didn't get much sleep last night. Those emphysema-like children can cough a lot.

9. I am thankful for Dave's mad budgeting skills. It's nice to look at the (homemade!) spreadsheet and see where everything is going and what things will look like in the future.

10. I am thankful that I will get a nap today. Oh, wait. Did I say that already? I am really looking forward to that nap.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Oh poor girl!
Hang in there, it will be nap time soon. Then after nap it won't be long before Dave comes home.

Beth said...

I have been reading your blog for almost 3 years now since a friend told me about it. I ABSOLUTELY love it. You are so real, witty, and honest. I had to nominate you for the Honest Scrap award. Enjoy your nap today!