Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Unsinkable Confessions

I keep a box of fancy cookies in the drawer at the bottom of my nightstand.

No one, not even Dave, knows about this box of cookies (Well, he does now).

When it all gets to be too much for my fragile self, I turn on a cartoon for the kids and I sneak into my bedroom and lock the door. Then I carefully open the drawer and pull out my stash. I slowly eat one fancy cookie in the quiet peacefulness of my room and zone out on taste alone. By the end of that fancy cookie, I am feeling at peace with my corner of the world.

Currently, I am feeling two-fancy-cookies peaceful. I am a veritable zen master.

3 comments:

Angela said...

That is fantastic! I'm glad you have a way to reset yourself!

Luke said...

Hilarious.

And I love how all of our closely guarded secrets start to spill out onto the blogosphere. It's like we can't help it [smile].

~Luke

Tiffany said...

Dude -- the same pizza order and similar cookie stashes? It's like we're soulmates.