Monday, February 02, 2009

Bubba Speak

Well, Tot isn't the only funny one in the family. Little David is pretty hilarious in his own right. He's a little more subtle than Tot (who isn't?), but he's gold. Recently we took away his nuk away and while it's meant a large (large) increase in whining (large) it has also meant that he's talking SO much more. And he's so funny.

At 6:30 AM this morning, as he's sitting on the couch watching cartoons - he's our early riser.

UK: Oh, Bubba, did you leak out of your diaper?

LD: Yep.

UK: Yuck.

LD: Yep, yuck.

(seeing the stain it made on the couch)

LD: Look Mommy! Mickey Mouse!

UK: Yeah, it does look like Mickey Mouse.

LD: Yucky Potty Mickey Mouse.

UK: Yep.

***

UK: Bubba, are you stinky?

LD: Yep. I sit here. You change my dirty diaper Mommy.

***

While apologizing for hitting Tot in the head with a giant tree branch. Seriously.

LD: I sorry I hit you tree, Taylor (he pronounces it "Tay-yer")

Tot: It's okay, Bubba.

LD: Friends?

Tot: A butterfly!! (runs away.)

LD: Friends? Tay-yer? Friends?? (chases after her)

(after catching her and forcing her into a hug)

LD: Friends, Tay-yer?

Tot: Friends.

LD: Good.

Tot: A butterfly!

(they both run away pretending to be butterflies)

3 comments:

LBC said...

Oh my goodness they are hilarious! I love that he's talking so much more and that now you can also keep us updated with his humor as well. I have a feeling that there will be much more to come!

MamaHenClucks said...

I miss the days when they are just talking and say the strangest, wrongest things! Too cute!

April Spicer said...

What cracks me up is that is SO TAYLOR to get distracted and run after a butterfly leaving David in the dust. I wish Noah took everything so lightly.....this has been a ROUGH couple weeks with him. Miss you!