Saturday, February 28, 2009

Fetus...Saturday?

I know, I know. For shame Unsinkable. It's been THREE WEEKS with no update on the Fetus! Well, besides the whole "It's A Girl" thing. But whatever. I know you've been dying for an in depth gestation update and this time I actually, truly, have a belly pic! I know! So, off we go:

Week: Eighteen

Weight Gain: Back to ground Zero. I had a pretty fabulous two pound gain there for awhile, but then for some seriously unexplained reason I dropped back down. I swear I'm eating, it's just all going to the baby apparently.

Aches & Pains: I'm happy to report that the nausea is significantly slowing down and while I'm still a little sick every few days, it's not NEAR as bad as it was - Thank You Lord. I've gotten SO much more energy back and I've been feeling like myself, which is nice. In fact, aside from the occasional dry heave, I don't really feel that pregnant unless I've been standing for awhile. The baby is still sitting so low that standing for long periods of time (like worship time at church) just kills my back and I have to look like a complete wuss and sit down. And then standing after sitting for too long makes me all woozy and I look a little drunk. I'm sure it makes me look completely overdramatic, which is not to be unexpected. We all know I'm a little excitable.

Cravings: MEXICAN FOOD. Sweet mother where have you been all my life Cheese Enchiladas with Sour Cream Sauce scooped up with crunchy tortilla chips and dipped in a little salsa?!? I'm pretty consistent whenever I go to a Mexican restaurant - I always order flautas or some sort of Nacho combination. But not lately. Ooohh, those enchiladas have been all I want and I've even dreamed of them. I've made Dave eat mexican so much lately that as my Mom says, if you did an autopsy on me my left leg would be rice and my right one would be beans. But I would add that my torso would be all enchilada. YUMMO. And there is no end in sight. In fact, Dave is out getting me some right now. I do love that man.

Totally Cool Developments: Of course, the big one: It's A Girl!! We're floating around a few names, and as of today Dave came up with a pretty perfect one that is the front runner, but I'm not going to say anything about it publicly because the likelihood that we'll change our minds is pretty high. Taylor was going to be Savannah or Sydney Dawn until I was 8 months pregnant and then all of a sudden we both just hated the thought of those names and Dave came up with Tot's name while I was literally on the delivery table. So - we will not be formalizing anything until we write it on the birth certificate. Or we'll tell everyone next week. Whatever.

Oh and I've been feeling lots more bumps and flutters. Love it.

The Belly Pic: Ta Da! I actually remembered to have Dave take a picture of me and post it!! What a good Unsinkable I am.

Has anyone else noticed that I always lift up my chin when I get my picture taken??
I have no idea why I do this.


Because the rest of the pictures were boring, I chose this one.


Happy Fetus Saturday Everyone!

5 comments:

Diana said...

Kristen, You and little Soliloquy are absolutely adorable! I am so glad you have come into your Mexican phase! That was my favorite part of my pregnancy with Zach. I feel I can now rest easily tonight having my fetus update. Thank you for finally getting around to this. And YAAY for more energy!

Regena said...

Kristen, you look beautiful! Yay for another girl. Maybe you can pass down the Salty Dog shirt!:) Love your hair.

Tiffany said...

You look great! I'm so glad you're feeling better, too.

Jennifer said...

First off, you look fabulous.
Second, I TOTALLY craved cheese enchiladas like a mad woman with this pregnancy. YUM.

The Rhodes' said...

Looking so cute! I too went through the Mexican phase! Fabulous!So glad you updated!