Tuesday, February 03, 2009

The Once And Future Unsinkable

I gave myself a present this morning.

Hmm... let me rephrase that.

My last night self gave my this morning self a present. Last Night Unsinkable did the dishes, cleaned up the kitchen and made a short menu for me and she even filled up cups of milk for the kids, so that this morning when I woke up - she had done all my work for me!

That Last Night Unsinkable sure is a great gal.

It was so nice to wake up to a kitchen that wasn't a wreck and to be able to stumble into the living room with cups of milk that were already prepared (and that I didn't have to search the cabinets for) and give them to the kids. I could look at the menu and throw some breakfast bars on the table and not feel guilty (knowing that I would be giving them a "real" breakfast later). And I was able to find the remote quickly (Last Night Unsinkable made sure it was in a place I could see it) and turn on some cartoons and then quietly slip back into bed and try to get a little more sleep for that growing baby. Those kids wake up early.

So, I am grateful to the Last Night Unsinkable. I'm going to try to be a good Last Night Unsinkable today as well. I'm going to keep working on my mountains of laundry, I'm going to help the kids clean up the war zone playroom, and I'm going to keep picking up the trash and clutter that has accumulated around the house during my lazy times. I'm hoping that the Future Unsinkable will appreciate this and that maybe she'll have a better day because I put in a little more work than I'd rather.

We all know I'd love to sit and laze around all day, but Future Unsinkable gets kindof irritated when I do that.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Awesome for Last Night Unsinkable! You should get her a pedicure or something to thank her.

Lunch Time Tiffie has become my new best friend. Today, she went to the post office, found a walk-in salon, and got her hair cut all during her lunch hour so that I don't have to worry about it, like I have been for the past three weeks. It also allowed me to start the second half of my day very unstressed since I now have a slightly kickier new 'do.

Hooray for these nifty friends!

Sarah said...

I am kicking Monday & Tuesday Sarah because she did NOT stick to her cleaning plan and played Wii instead. Now a very tired Wednesday Sarah is having to make up for it so Weekend Sarah can enjoy her birthday.

Maybe Last Night Unsinkable and Lunch Time Tiffie should kick my butt into gear.

Tiffany said...

Hey -- Wednesday Sarah! You better snap into shape and get your rear end in gear so Next-Tuesday-Sarah can have an awesome birthday weekend!

(Did that help?)