Thursday, February 05, 2009

Thankful Thursday: Cheating Edition

Today I am thankful for my kids. All three of them :) And so, I'm going to do a survey about pregnancy because I'm pregnant and feel like doing pregnanty things and this is the best place I could fit it in :) And just for the record - it drives me nuts that the questions are capitalized, but I am too lazy to retype them. Just so you know.

1. WAS YOUR PREGNANCY PLANNED? Yes/Sort of, but happened sooner than we expected/Yes

2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? Yes/Yes/Yes

3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? Hurray!/Seriously? Hurray!/Seriously? About dang time!!

4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU? Never

5. HOW OLD WERE YOU? 22/24/27

6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? 1. Felt a little sick, threw up, someone told me to take a test and I did and there you go. 2. Was late, took a test, and there you go. 3. Took five billion tests, was about to give up and go back on birth control, took the test, and there you go.

7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? 1. The woman who answered the question hotline phone number on the back of the E.P.T. box (I didn't believe the results). 2. Dave 3. Dave

8. HOW DID YOU TELL YOUR PARTNER? 1. Called him at work crying in happiness. 2. Walked out of the bathroom holding the stick in absolute shock. 3. He was on the phone with me when I took the test and I said "So, apparently I'm a little bit pregnant."

9. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? Yes/No, but Dave did so we found out/No, but now we aren't so sure :)

10. DUE DATE? 1. Due Oct 4 - Born Sept 15 2. Due June 18 - Born June 6 3. Due July 29th - We'll see about that :)

11. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? 1. None at all 2. Some, but not too bad 3. Like we even need to go there.

12. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? 1. Hot wings and sheer volume of food 2. A hershey bar and a frosty every day 3. Milk, Beef, and salty things

13. WHAT IRRITATED YOU? 1. How swollen I got 2. Not much, it was a pretty good pregnancy 3. How freakishly different this pregnancy is. I thought I knew what to expect and I was WRONG. :)

14. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX? girl/boy/?? Any guesses?

15. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? No/I kindof wanted another girl at first, but was thrilled to have a boy/totally don't care

16. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY? 45 (seriously)/20/ 0 so far

17. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? Yes/nope/don't expect to, I really have everything I need

18. NATURAL OR C-SECTION? 1. Induced w/ epidural 2. Completely natural 3. Please give me an epidural now.

19. HOW LONG WERE YOU IN LABOR? 1. 5 hours 2. 30 minutes from when I woke up 3. I'd like somewhere in the middle, please.

20. HOW LONG DID YOU PUSH? 1. 45 minutes 2. 2 or 3 pushes 3. I'd like the second option.

21. HOW BIG WAS YOUR BABY AT BIRTH? 1. 6 lb. 7 oz. 2. 6 lb. 11 oz. 3. If I go early, I expect another light weight, but if I go on time I'll probably have a normal sized baby

22. HOW LONG WAS YOUR BABY? Am I bad mom for totally not remembering this??

23. DID YOU CRY WHEN YOUR BABY WAS BORN? Nope, I was just happy. Except with Little David. Then I was happy and high on Ambien.

24. WHAT DID YOU NAME YOUR BABY? Taylor Dawn, David Wayne, TBA

25. WHAT WERE YOUR FIRST WORDS WHEN YOUR BABY WAS BORN? 1. Good Lord, please let her cone head go back to normal. 2. I had a baby! I had a baby! I had a baby! (Again, slightly high on Ambien with Little David). 3. ??

26. WHEN DO YOU WANT TO DO IT AGAIN? Preferably on or around July 29th. Dave would be pleased as punch to have the baby born on his birthday (as would the multitude of our families with July birthdates), but I've never gone full term and I've heard it's unpleasant. We'll see :)



So there you go, a run down of all my baby making stats because I'm just that thankful for my babies today. I wouldn't change a thing about how we did it, or how they arrived, because it all makes for a good story.

No comments: