Thursday, February 26, 2009

Thankful Thursday

It's a great day here so far. We've got the windows thrown wide open, a warm breeze blowing throughout the house, and some oatmeal on the horizon. Doesn't get much better. So today, here are some things I'm thankful for:

1. The GORGEOUS Texas weather. Have I mentioned how much I love it here? Because I do. Love. It. Here. It's the end of February and the temperature is supposed to get up to 85 degrees. I know!! I'm planning on spending quite a lot of time outside today with the kids and soaking up that sun.

2. Dave gets home tonight! This particular trip hasn't seemed as bad as the others, perhaps because I packed our days full of activities and we weren't just sitting around the house sad that he was gone. Regardless, I am stoked that my pal gets home tonight and that we've got a pleasant weekend of relaxing ahead of us.

3. Little David is in Big Boy Underwear!! He's been a champ at keeping his pull up dry the past two weeks, so today we are starting Big Boy Underwear and seeing how it goes. I'm really hoping that we are on the slippery slope to being Potty Trained, because not buying as many diapers sounds like heaven to me.

4. I've been getting a lot of free stuff lately. A free Quizno's sub, some free Jack In The Box tacos, a free Arby's Roastbuger, some free Zone bars, a bowl of Chicken Soup from Chick-Fil-A. Love me some free stuff. Oh! And the best one? A free drink from Starbucks because we waited so long. Strong.

5. The most comfortable sweat pants in the world. No, seriously. In the world. Dave bought a pair of mens sleep pants from Old Navy a few months ago and stopped wearing them for awhile. One day, when all my sleep pants were dirty and I was cold, I snagged this pair. Oh mylanta. They are fabulous. I mean, the coziest, snuggliest, most delightful pants ever. They are so wonderful that for the past week, if I have been at home at all I have been in these pants. The moment I get home those jeans come off and the sweats go on. Thankfully, Dave understands and doesn't see this as frumpy, but as imminently practical. He's a good man.

6. Mexican Food. I plan on eating it soon and I'm excited about that.

7. All the cute baby clothes that I pulled out of the attic on Monday. So cute I could almost die.

8. Little David also being so cute I could almost die. Yesterday morning he was snuggling in bed with me and he put his hand on my cheek and told me "Love moon back you, Mommy" - which translated is "I love you to the moon and back, Mommy" - I know!! We tell that to the kids all the time and Tot usually says that to us, but Little David doesn't much. Right after that he snuggles close to my face and said "Best friends, Mommy". Yep, could almost die.

9. That I got the kids backpacks organized this week and hopefully won't have to do that again. I'm also planning on trying to get the house clean before Dave gets home, but I'll stick to being thankful that at least the backpacks got done :)

10. For the weather. Yes, again. I'm thankful that it's nice and sunny and warm outside. It feels like our entire family runs on solar energy and by this point in the year our batteries are dangerously low. A little sunshine and warm weather and I can already tell a difference in my attitude, the kid's attitudes, even our house feels nicer and cheered up and happier. So I'm going to soak it all up and go outside in a few minutes.

What are you all thankful for today?

1 comment:

Jen said...

That warm weather sounds really good about now. Enjoy some it for me!