Friday, March 27, 2009

Fetus Friday!

I'm back, baby! And actually updating you on my little Fetus ("Are you in there little fetus? In nine months will you come greet us? I will buy you some adidas!"). Here's the stats, yo.

Week: 22 (only EIGHTEEN weeks left!!)

Weight Gain: SEVEN pounds total! I know!! I'm getting the ball rolling here, folks. I think the The Baby is going through some crazy growth spurt of late because I've been STARVING all the time and eating like you wouldn't believe. In fact, I am currently eating a piece of cheesecake for breakfast. Good times.

Aches & Pains: The nausea is gone!! I haven't had to take any medicine at all this week, for which I am eternally grateful. My back is still a little achy, but I'm just getting to that stage so it's pretty expected. All in all, I'm feeling pretty good and I'm in a good stretch of pregnancy.

Cravings: Sweet Mother, the cravings. The last week the cravings have hit at 9:30pm - 10:00pm and they've hit bad. In just this week, one night I ran to Kroger and bought brownie mix, one night I made brownie mix, one night Dave got me a milkshake, and last night I ran out to Super Target and bought a slice of chocolate cake and the slice of cheesecake I'm currently eating. It's a miracle I haven't exploded from sheer volume.

Totally Cool Developments: We have a name, folks! After long talks and many thoughts, we've decided that we are firm on this name (as firm as we ever are) and that we are cool with telling people. Sooo....without further ado Baby Girls name is:

Allison Margaret

Isn't that just adorable? Margaret is my Mammaw's name, and Dave
came up with Allison. We'll probably call her Alli, but most likely we'll be calling her Alli-gator or simply "The Gator" which is what we're calling her now. We're pretty pleased to have a line up of The Tot, Bubba, and The Gator. I know that I call our son Little David on here, but we never actually call him that in real life. He's always referred to as Bubba, and in fact, there are some kids at our church who don't even know his real name. Speaking of which, I think that's what I'm going to start calling him on here. He would never turn his head if I called him Little David to his face, and frankly, Bubba is cuter :) But enough about my previous fetus - back to The Gator. Which brings me to this - it's time for.....


BELLY SHOT:
Here's The Gator in all her glory. She's sitting low, low, low and a little to the right. She's kicking like a little thumping rabbit, and while Dave has felt/seen her once, so far she seems to be copying her older sister and going completely still whenever anyone looks/feels my stomach.


So, there you have it everyone! An update on The Unsinkable and her Gator Baby. I hope you all have a great day!



5 comments:

Tiffany said...

Woohoo for you! You (both) look fabulous, despite the cheesecake and brownie mix cravings. Congratualtions on being past teh half-way stage!

Anthony and Lisa said...

Yay! Love the name! And, the nickname is great! So glad that the sick is gone. That's definitely the worst.

Jennifer said...

Love the name (and the nickname :)), and you look fantastic!! Can't wait to meet her.

P.S. Michael told me you called, but he has yet to pass on the actual message and I don't have your number...so it'll be later today or tomorrow when I actually call you back...is that clear as mud? :)

Sarah said...

I know I've never commented here, but I really like your blog! Also, congratulations! My best friend is called Alison Grace, but I've always called her Allie and it's a GREAT name!

Kristen said...

Holy moly! My name is also Kristen Chapman and I was googling myself (heehee) tonight -- come across your site along with a blog spot about your pregnancy!! Crazy -- I'm 25 weeks pregnant!!! We have two things in common it seems... :) :) :)