Monday, March 02, 2009

Monday, Monday

I am up to my elbows in To Do Lists today. Nothing too pressing, just good enjoyable things.

I've been cleaning like a madwoman most of the day (can anyone say "Second Trimester Energy Burst" and "Nesting"??) getting to both the inside and outside of our windows, but to the ceiling fans as well. I'm about halfway done with the house, and I'll pick up tomorrow where I'm leaving off today. We don't have a huge house, but I do get tired a little faster now and I'm really wanting this house super clean. The things that haven't bothered me for months (cluttered closets, stacked piles) are now driving me nuts and I'm ready to tackle them all - one by one.

For dinner tonight, Dave is going to be one happy man when he realizes that I'm making this for him. I'm trying out a new recipe from this website that he loves. He doesn't normally care about blogs or photographs or fancy food, but once I showed him The Pioneer Woman, he was there. He was all "Dude you can make that anytime." and "Honey, can we try one of these recipes once a week? I'd love to cook them, too." I know! He's kindof like a dream guy. The drool worthy pictures and really simple, tasty, and hearty recipes won him over and he was ready to get in the kitchen and make anything she suggested. Since the kitchen and I haven't exactly been besties lately, I figured I'd show Dave how much I love him and make him a Pioneer Woman recipe. I'll let you know how it goes :)

After dinner, though, is when my day REALLY begins. Why? Because its the Just Between Friends Consignment Sale!!! All Baby/Kids/Maternity things, CRAZY low prices, great quality (not garage sale stuff) = geeky deal-seeking Unsinkable. One year I got 30 pairs of socks for Little David for, like, $3.00 or something. And they were all name brand and in fantastic condition. This year, Little David doesn't need much at all, but Tot has grown a freakish amount and needs almost everything. And the new Baby needs some things as well, like a Bumbo (that I never got around to getting for the other kids), a new boppy pillow (because the other two I used are pretty gross now), and some clothes and such. It's become a game for me to see how much I can get for the least amount of money, and to see how much I can save by shopping at this twice a year sale instead of off and on retail shopping whenever the need arises. It's an exercise in planning, but I'm up to the task. I'll let you know how I do tomorrow!

And then lastly, tomorrow I get to briefly see a friend of mine who's flying in to see family and is going to stop by our house for a couple hours on the way to the airport. I'm super stoked to see her and I'm really excited to catch up :)


Anyways, that's my day. Just a good day all around with lots of stuff to keep me busy. Just the right kind of day.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Want to know what's hilarious? Go check out what I just posted on my blog for this week, right before heading over to check out what you've been up to!
Girl, I wish we lived closer!

Brandy said...

That is too funny that you are making that Pioneer Woman recipe tonight. We are having spaghetti and we are making her cheesy garlic bread to go with it. Crazy!