Monday, March 16, 2009

Sleep Schedule

So, Dave and I noticed the other day that our sleeping positions had changed. We are usually snuggle sleepers (the usual spooning (we take turns being the Big Spoon) lasting the entire night), but as of late we've moved to being "Hug and Roll" sleepers (Hug it out, then roll to your separate sides). What had changed? Are we just not as close as we used to be? But the more we thought about it, we realized that our sleeping positions really reflected a curious patten. It goes as follows:


Snuggle Sleep.

Unsinkable Gets Pregnant.

Unsinkable Belly starts pushing out, making Snuggle Sleep unpractical, Hug and Roll Sleep ensues.

Co-Sleeping with New Nursing Baby = Forced Snuggle Sleep.

Baby moves into own bed, Hug and Roll Sleep from sheer joy of having the space to do so.

Start missing Snuggle Sleep.

Snuggle Sleep.

Unsinkable Gets Pregnant.


Repeat.

10 comments:

Amy Lu said...

Strong.

Sarah said...

I'm going to be an unhappy camper if my hubby happens upon this post. I have maintained that HE is the big spoon and I am the little spoon. Always. He tries to justify that a little spoon can also be a big spoon, but I insist that a little spoon is always a little spoon and cannot be a big spoon. It's just who she is.

Beth said...

Hmmmm....I think you may be on to something....

Tiffany said...

My favorite in the world is when I am the little spoon...with the puppy curled up next to me as the littlest spoon of all. Life doesn't get beter than that!

Becky said...

you may want to watch out for that in about a year. and #2...your public really does want a belly shot. i mean, it's been a while.

Jen said...

LOL. I am not pregnant, yet we do the hug n' roll.

Thanks for the laugh!

JRandDaisha said...

So... spooning leads to babies... Hmm. I guess I was mistaken. :)
D

Sarah said...

I was always told kissing leads to babies...

Nicole McIntyre said...

And here I thought it was dancing....

Cynthia said...

there are some things a mom just doesn't want to know....
but I have to say - I'm lovin' my grandbabies! The more the merrier - I just don't want to know the details.