I am actually quite thankful this morning, even though I was a grumpy pants yesterday morning. I woke up with a happy heart, a good attitude, and some snuggly kids. Sooooo...today I am thankful -
1. That when Little David woke up at 6am, I followed my first reaction and climbed into his twin bed with him, snuggled him up and fell asleep. In turn, he AND Tot AND myself slept until 7:45 - which was awesome. I got good snuggles, I got to see Tot wake up (which is hilarious - she opens her eyes and says "I think I've had enough rest now."), and I didn't wake up feeling jipped out of sleep.
2. For the best night time weather. Don't you just love it when it's warm/cool enough to keep all the windows open overnight so that the breeze is blowing all night long, you can hear the nightbirds and the crickets (and apparently the occasional owl), and you can sleep in just a tshirt and not thirty layers of thermals and socks? I think my mattress pad warmer got a little sad last night because I turned it on to warm up the sheets and then promptly turned it off. It was just too nice for artificial heat. It was so nice that every time I woke up last night to go to the bathroom (which was legion) I smiled because it was perfect.
3. For the best day time weather. I know I say it a lot - but I LOVE TEXAS. This weather we are having is so perfectly wonderful that it makes my heart happy. It's sunny, it's warm, it's breezy ("I'm Breezy!"), and I can look out my back windows and see my Bradford Pear blooming, my other trees budding, and my grass getting greener. I do love spring. Pretty soon there will be bluebonnets and I won't be able to shut down my raptures at all and you'll just have to stop listening.
4. My kids new pajamas. The consignment sale was a little low on pj's this year, but hoo nanny did I get some cute ones. I may come back and post a picture later, but for now I'll just describe. Tot got some babyGap pjs that have a tshirt with a hula girl on them and the bottoms look like striped boxer briefs with that little elastic band on top. Hilarious and totally cute. Little David's pj's are basic short sleeve shirt/ long, non-elastic banded pants - but someone mistakenly put the 5T pj's in the 4T section, so they are loose on him and totally adorable. They have turtles all over the pants and the shirt says "Built For Speed". I don't know what it is, but something about new pajamas just makes me get all snuggly with them.
5. That Dave gets home tonight!!!! We've missed him a lot this week and I'm ready for some face time with my pal. We do really good about calling a lot, texting a ton, and emailing, but nothing beats face to face chatting.
6. For the book "Little Women". I just started re-reading this last night for the first time in years and I truly forgot how much I love that book. There is just something about the simplicity and the absolutely rock solid values that the parents teach the girls that I just love. I definitely see advantages to reading it when you are a "Little Woman" and when you are an adult. I am seeing it now much more through a parent's eye and thinking of all the things that I want to start doing with my children that they did. It's nice to read a book where the values are good and the actual story is good - a lot of Christian books are great values and junk writing. But Louisa May Alcott is a beast.
7. For the websites Home Sanctuary and Heart of the Matter Online, the first of which is helping me to get my home the way I want it and my attitude in a good place, and the second of which is helping me get our home school organized better (which I'll be posting about later) and giving me lots of advice and tips.
8. That Dave is willing to talk about educational philosophies with me over the phone after a long, long day at work when I know he would rather be sitting in front of the TV nursing a bottle of Nyquil (he's been sick) and watching Wreckreation Nation. I've been doing a lot of thinking about how we want to school Tot (and the others) and Dave not only let me spill all of my ramblings on to him, but offered well though out ideas and opinions and plans to me as well. It's so wonderful being married to him.
9. That I bought Strawberry Nutrigrain bars at SuperTarget yesterday and so this morning I didn't have to "fix" breakfast. The kids love those things and would happily eat nothing else all day long.
10. That Last Night Unsinkable cleaned the house and did the dishes so that Today's Unsinkable woke up to a clean house and no piles of junk waiting to be tended. I'm planning on doing the laundry today so that Tomorrow's Unsinkable will think that I am a complete Rock Star and Tomorrow's Dave will be completely blindsided. Laundry is not my strong point.
I hope you all have a pretty fantastic day and tell me what you're thankful for, too!!