Thursday, April 09, 2009

Thankful Thursday


It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, folks. Here's why:


1. The dog and the kids are in pleasant moods, even after waking up every 30 minutes from 9pm until 4:30 am. Yes, you read that right. Every. Thirty. Minutes. We'll just say that I wasn't at my sweet mothering best all night and leave it at that.

2. I ate Captain Crunch this morning and it was DElicious. Nom nom nom.

3. Dave is ON HIS WAY HOME right now!! He got to leave early today from Arkansas and I'm totally excited. It makes the day move so much faster when he's not getting home late at night. However, this does mean that he will not be coming home to a house full of clean laundry. But really, when does he ever?

4. I'm thankful that Annie has been a perfectly wonderful addition to our family. She's the calmest puppy I've ever seen and happily lets the kids tote her around in a laundry basket for 6 hours of the day. She's mostly crate trained/house trained, and seems to understand the appropriate potty times and such. Her favorite place to be is to sleep on our dirty laundry (of which there is plenty) and if she's missing we can always find her curled up in some pajama pants.

5. I got a TON of stuff done yesterday, including mowing our sizable back yard and cleaning it up and making it look nicer. I love our house but the selling point was always the huge backyard. It's totally abnormal to have such a big space in here in our area of Texas, and we compromised by getting a smaller house, but I've never regretted it. We spend SO much time out back that it's always been worth it. And yesterday, the kids, dog and I all cleaned it up and next weekend I'm thinking we'll dig a small vegetable garden and get some flowers planted. And if I can swing it, a clothes line. But that may be a bit ambitious.

6. I am thankful that for the next 10 days we are supposed to have gloriously warm weather with sunshine, spring rain, and warm evenings. I'm thinking about planning that camp out in the backyard that we keep trying to do. We've got the tent, we've got the fire pit, we've got the marshmallows - what doth hindreth us?

7. My favorite flowers are on sale at Kroger this week :). I usually try to buy a bouquet each week because it makes the house feel so cheerful, but lately flowers have been SO expensive and I haven't gotten any in a long time. This week, however, I found huge bouquets of Peruvian Lilies for a little over $3 and I snatched them up and have really enjoyed seeing them. I'm hoping this price sticks for the summer, because I will be buying them every week!

8. I mentioned that Dave was on his way home, right? Because DUDE that is what I am most thankful for today. I missed my pal a lot this week, and I am ready to have him home. We've got great Easter plans and the kids have saved their egg dying fun for when Dad gets home. Tot didn't want him to miss out on all the fun :). While I would have never chosen to have Dave travel so much as a first choice, I can't deny that it has made me appreciate him even more than I did. I've always thought I had a pretty awesome husband, but having him gone a lot makes me realize that not only is he awesome, he is integral to our family and we just kindof limp along without him. Like Tot said, "It's just not as fun without Dad here."

I'll leave you today with a picture of what our week has been like - lots of fun with laundry baskets :)

No comments: