Friday, May 22, 2009

I Love My Fetus.

You've waited so patiently, so here you are - another......FETUS FRIDAY!!

Week: 30 - WOW! Like I said earlier this week - Sweet. Fancy. Moses.

Weight Gain: Still 16 pounds. I've hit a standstill the past few weeks, but I'm not complaining because now is the time I usually pack on the weight and I'd like to not end up the size of Cowboy's Stadium.

Aches & Pains: Actually, it really hasn't been too bad. For 30 weeks I'm feeling pretty good. I've got the obvious hormonal surges ("I think we should do this. No that. No this. No that. WHAT DO YOU MEAN MAKE UP MY MIND???" *sobsobsobsob*), and a considerable amount of pressure that makes it feel like the baby will make her appearance any time I stand up from the couch. I've decided to wear tight fitting jeans for the rest of this pregnancy just to make sure she doesn't actually fall out. But my energy levels are decent, I haven't hit that wall of exhaustion yet where you feel like you've been pregnant forever and will continue to be pregnant forever and that the baby will never. ever. come. out. I fully expect that feeling to arrive any day now, but at this point I'm more interested in keeping this kid inside a little longer because it all feels like it's moving pretty fast.

Cravings: Nothing too ridiculous or regular. Unlike the other two, I haven't had any consistent cravings and I haven't really had too much of an appetite. Every week or so, something will sound really great and urgently necessary and Dave will go hunt and gather for me, but nothing like when I was pregnant with Little David and required a Hershey bar every.single.day. followed by a Frosty at night. I've been enjoying chocolate and Starbucks (totally not cutting back) and the other day I REALLY wanted Twizzlers and Skittles. So, sugar really. :)

Totally Cool Developments: Seriously, I only have about 8 weeks left. We've already discussed that I'm not going full term this time and my midwife echoed that this morning at my appointment. I'll discuss with my Dr. when exactly he plans on inducing, but I have plans to start that train on my own once I hit 38 weeks. I'm not a fan of pitocin inductions, so I'll be doing the Castor Oil route. It worked with Little David and I've got fingers crossed it will work with this one, too :). I plan to have the baby natually, with no drugs, and starting the labor with pitocin makes that ever so much harder. Those pitocin contractions are AWFUL. The midwife also said that Baby Girl is measuring almost two weeks ahead and that she looks pretty big. Is there anything more nerve racking to hear than "Oh that thing you plan on pushing out? It's looking much bigger than normal."? I'm glad she's growing and healthy, but I am perfectly happy with my small 6 pound babies that come out fast and see no reason to change that pattern now thankyouverymuch.

Anyways, she's looking great, moving great, growing great, I've got lots of energy despite being borderline anemic (apparently I need to start taking iron every other day now), and I am now moving to every other week appointments. I know! Does that seems super fast to anyone else? Because it sure does to me. I'm trying to remind myself that I still have the entire month of June left (plus parts of May and July) and to not freak out, but laws have mercy, it's moving much quicker than I feel comfortable with :).

Belly Shot: I'll take on this weekend while Dave and I are on SIETES, BABY!!!!


Have a great weekend everyone!!

3 comments:

A Fancher said...

I was borderline anemic with all 4. My Dr. just had me take slow release iron each day (1 tablet). You could try that. She said it was better that getting a full dose at once. Congrats on being soooo close. I can't wait to see pics of your newest addition.

Kristen said...

I've been borderline anemic with all 3 of mine as well.
I've heard (but not tried) that black and blue cohosh are good labor inducers.

Beth said...

So when is your due date now?
(Btw, I'm borderline as well."Normal" is 34, I'm at 33.And that's border line?)