Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

I had a fantastic Mother's Day Weekend!

Here are the highlights:

Dave sent me a bouquet of GORGEOUS Peruvian Lilies (my favorite) on Thursday. It was a total shock, since he's not really a flower-sending kind of guy, and I LOVED it. On Sunday, Tot gave me her Mother's Day present - a Wonder Vase. She had seen the commerical on TV and thought that I really needed one, so she made me one :). It's shaped just like the one on TV and then she decorated it and cut out flowers and put them inside. I'll tell you what, this is one of those gifts I will be keeping forever.


On Sunday morning I was greeted with my little charmers, shouting Happy Mother's Day and my lovely Wonder Vase. They gave me lots of hugs and sang me a song and were generally adorable.


Oh, and did I mention breakfast? Yeah, Dave decided that he wanted to learn how to make Crepes, so for Mother's Day breakfast I got freshly made Crepes with Blackberry Compote and powdered sugar. Seriously. The man even did the dishes.


Oh, and here's another belly shot - 28 1/2 weeks :). I was assured that Baby Allison had a hand in all the Mother's Day festivities, but that she would tell me about it later.



And the second best part?? I haven't killed my garden!!! I was SURE that all my seeds had died but NO! I've got the cutest little plants growing and thriving and looking adorable. In fact, even the cucumbers are alive and I was sure they had died because their little stems got fractured. Regardless, they are growing and I'm geeked. I have noticed some little nibbles on some of the leaves, so I'm going to make a nice little spray to put on them to keep the nibblers away.


So there you have it, my Mother's Day. Got some flowers, got some hugs and kisses, got a Tot Made Wonder Vase, kept baking a baby, grew some veggies. Not too shabby!



1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I'd not seen the Wondervase on TV but that is the cutest thing EVER that Tot made for you! I'm so glad that you were spoiled for Mother's Day like the wonderful mama you are.