Tuesday, May 05, 2009

A Random Bullet List

  • Dave is a much better cook that I am. Much. Last night he made some sort of stuffed chicken breast concoction that included green and yellow peppers, tomato sauce and cheese and it was divine. I can bake like a fiend, but the man cooks circles around me every time.
  • I just signed Tot up for Pizza Hut's BookIt!! I loved BookIt when I was in school, and I mean seriously - what is better than reading and free pizza? They just started allowing homeschoolers to join last year (I think) and I'm super excited to get to do this with Tot. There are a lot of programs that are opening up to homeschoolers and I think it will make our experience all that more enjoyable.
  • I got my planner! I am in love with the weekly forms, the grocery lists, and the bazillion school forms that have made planning so much easier. I've also gotten a few printable lists from other websites that have made my current homekeeping routines the easiest I have ever kept. Also, I'm a bit of a list junkie, so this has been perfect for me: yearly scope and sequences, subject goals, unit studies - oh my!
  • I mentioned that the baby is totally coming early, right? Dude, as of tomorrow I have 10 weeks until I can start trying to get this party started. She may still come later than that (babies, after all, have their own time table), but I'll be starting all those home remedies the second I turn 38 weeks :)
  • Our dog is stinking adorable. She pees in the house when it rains, occasionally barfs up a toy, nips the kids when they get too rough, and sleeps on my feet every single night. Dave has taught her to sit, lay, shake hands and make him a sandwich when he's tired.
  • I'm reading a few fiction books for the first time in months. I've been hip deep in homeschool books and curriculum catalogs lately, and I'm just now coming up for air.
  • Dave and I are going to a homeschool curriculum fair on Saturday, getting a weekend away for our anniversary in three weeks, and having a TV date tonight. Strong.

Hmmm...that really was a pretty random list, eh?

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

BOOK IT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I STILL want to participate in Book It. That was one of the highlights of my childhood. Do they still have the big button where you put the little start stickers on for each month? Squee-and-a-half! I am so excited for you both!!!

Debra said...

You are going to LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the bookfair. Bring a backpack (or two) and be ready! It's so much fun! Go early, too. I usually go both days ... one day to look and process and drool, second day to buy. :)

Beth said...

I want that Chicken recipe!
I just so happen to have bought green and yellow peppers at Wal-Mart today!
bbritton6236@yahoo.com

A Fancher said...

Ok, so I need any good Mexican recipes you have b/c we are definitely hurting for Mexican in Montana. I was also wondering what planner/planning stuff you got. Glad to hear everything is going well.