Thursday, May 14, 2009

Thankful Thursday

I have been feeling a little run down the past few days. No A/C, 90+ weather, almost 8 months pregnant, a sore back and pulled hip muscle are all leaving me with a little less energy than I've been accustomed to. However, that is no reason to lay around and complain and whine, so I'm back today with a thankful heart. Today, I am thankful for:

1. The wonderful, cool, rainy weather this morning. I feel like God is blessing me personally, because while our AC has been our we've had particularly nice weather, with only a handful of really unbearable days. Yesterday was one of them, but today the weather is breezy and cool and I'm very grateful.

2. The SUPER fun baseball game we went to yesterday. Dave's mom was chosen as Teacher of the Year and she got to go to a Texas Rangers game and be on the field and have her name read and everything. So we all loaded up to go see her and then see the following game, and of course got there two seconds after she walked off the field. But we still had a great time, had awesome seats, the kids had a ball, and it was Dollar Hot Dog night, so we ate our weight in hot dogs. Strong.

3. That even though my hip hurt so bad last night that I couldn't sleep in our bed, the couch was perfectly comfortable and I still got a decent night's rest.

4. The kids sleeping in. Our kids have incredible powers that enable them to wake up in the exact same 15 minute window every single morning. This window is 6:15 - 6:30 am. It doesn't matter what time they go to bed, if they napped, or anything. Every day it's the same time. But today, Tot slept in until 6:45 and Little David slept until 7:45!! It was AWESOME.

5. That I have learned my lesson regarding laundry, dishes, and general household maintenance. The past two weeks I've done a pretty rock star job (if I do say so myself) of running the dishes every night and never having a pile in the sink, doing a load of laundry from start to finish every day so nothing runs out, and picking up everything before bed so each day starts fresh. It's really been quite pleasant and peaceful and I loved it. Well, the last two days I slacked on laundry, and yesterday I slacked on dishes. So of course, last night both kids wet the bed and I had no extra sheets and this morning we had no bowls for cereal and we all ate out of tupperware containers. I will be remedying this today.

6. For my new maternity shorts. They aren't horrendous, they weren't expensive, and they are reasonably comfortable. Up until yesterday I had one pair of maternity shorts and they are horrendous, I've already worn then through two pregnancies, and they are unreasonably uncomfortable. I did not relish the thought of spending hours at a hot baseball game in jeans, so I went to target with the kids and bit the bullet and bought some shorts. Much to my surprise they aren't too bad and even better, the game wasn't hot at all. It was a two-fer.

7. For my chipper children, who are hilarious and fun even when I don't feel good.

8. For my fantastic husband, who tries to stay awake and help me when it's 1am and my hip hurts and I can't sleep, and am crying, and might be just a little hormonal.

That's what I'm thankful for :)



1 comment:

Beth said...

God bless our husbands who put up with us at night.
I almost "bit the bullet" and bought a body pillow but decided that it wouldn't be as frim as David.
tee hee.