Thursday, June 25, 2009

Thankful Thursday

It's been a good week, Tater.  Even though this pregnancy is winding down and the aches and pains are getting a little more noticeable and a little harder to brush off, we are in such a sweet season right now that I think I don't care.  Here is what I am ever so thankful for this week:

- The kids.  Just the kids as a whole.  My mom always told me that when your youngest child can go to the bathroom by themselves and buckle their own car seat that all of a sudden everything would feel so much easier.  And it's true!!  Little David gets more self sufficient every day, and Tot is already just so... big, that I feel like my day-to-day physical chores just keep getting easier.  I took them to the library yesterday and let them play some learning games on the computers there while I looked at grown-up books.  Yes, you read that right.  I was able to LEAVE MY KIDS for a few minutes without them going buck shot crazy and tearing the library apart.  I never thought the day would come where I would be able to go anywhere with the two of them and not have to have their hands in a death grip.  Our library is really small, so I could see them the whole time and they were just angels.  Made my mama heart swell.   

- My new pregnancy Boppy pillow.  The last few weeks sleeping has gotten more and more difficult, and in the last few days it became impossible.  So Dave told me to go ahead and buy this really ridiculously expensive pillow because we both knew I couldn't not sleep for much longer.  I went to Target, got the pillow, and my life will never be the same.  That thing is AWESOME.  It's a little on the soft side for my taste, but it makes the perfect complement to my other pillows (yes, other pillows) and it simply can't be beat for sitting on the couch.  It holds up my lower back so very well and I've noticed significantly less muscle/joint ache after two nights sleeping with it.

-  My David.   Could anyone ask for a better husband?  I am so thankful for the season we are in right now.  It feels like our marriage has been refreshed and like things are all new again.  We are laughing and joking all the time, even when we are frustrated and tired.  We are spending as much time together as we can and just soaking in these night time hours when it's just he and I after bed time and we can watch all of our favorite shows while snuggling in bed and eating ice cream and not having to worry about a sleeping/nursing/crying baby.  It's awesome and I love him and he gives me back rubs and sympathy when the baby tries to stick her head out of my side.

- My tomato plant!  I haven't killed it yet!  And it's even growing four (FOUR!) tomatoes right now!   And that is a lot of exclamation marks!

- My nursing nightgown.  I had planned on saving it to wear in the hospital with the baby and keeping it nice and new, but it's just so comfortable!  Seriously, it's awesome.  It's light pink, comes to the knees, and is so soft and cozy and doesn't get all tangled and doesn't make my belly feel confined, which is a miracle.  

- I am 35 weeks as of yesterday (Fetus Friday update coming tomorrow!) and I am SO READY to meet this little person!  I am thankful that I've made it so far and that we are both still healthy and happy.  Only a few more weeks friends, and I'll have my newest baby girl to be thankful for :)



Unsinkable Out.

No comments: