Thursday, September 03, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Wow! So, it's been awhile since I've done a post that had any sort of real content to it and wasn't entirely made of pictures or baby news. Sorry, my reader friends, apparently I've been a little out of pocket! But, no worries. Your dear Unsinkable is back with much to speak of and write about and I will keep the boringness to an absolute minimum.

Speaking of minimum boringness, it's......Thankful Thursday! The part of our show, where the Unsinkable is thankful. And as such, today I am thankful...

1. For Coffeemate Fat Free French Vanilla Creamer. Sweet Fancy Moses, dear, where have you been all my life? In the refrigerator section? Seriously? This sweet blend of non-natural substances has been the start of my day, every day, for the last few weeks. Our friends, the Spicers, came to visit Texas a couple of months ago and April got some creamer and I tried it and that was that. Dave has always been a daily coffee drinker and I always set up the coffee at night to automatically start brewing when he stepped out of the shower. Then I started adding another cup to brew for me. Now, I've upped my addiction to two cups every morning and I am quite a happy and caffeinated camper.

2. That even though all I want this morning is to be left alone for ten minutes while I drink the above mentioned cups of coffee, Little David sidles up to me to snuggle and when I tell him to go play he says "But you my best fwend, Mommy. I lub to snuggle wif you." Well, you can't beat that, can you?

3. That TOMORROW IS MY BIRTHDAY!!!! We all know how much I love my birthday, and this one is no exception. I'll be turning 28, a perfect age if I do say so myself, and I have plans. Oh, do I have plans. Tomorrow evening, I'll be ditching the kiddos and Dave for the night and heading out with the girls. We're going to go to La Madeline and eat desserty type things and talk, and talk, and talk. LOVE IT. Last year, we went to see Mama Mia (the sing a long!) and had ice cream and it was great. This year, I wanted to actually get to talk to people, so we're doing that.

4. That on Saturday, our family is going to Lake Tyler for a day full of lake swimming awesomeness and family time. We love Dave's family out there and don't get to see them near as much as we would like, being that it's a three hour drive. The kids love their cousins there, and they are all the same age so it's a ton of fun. It's supposed to be nice and cool and maybe even rain, so I expect a very pleasant and relaxing day.

5. That since we are homeschooling, when I have been up late with Allie and am totally exhausted, that we can push school back an hour for me to get some extra rest and wake up with the above mentioned coffee.

6. For my pajamas. They are cute.

7. For the trip to INDIANA I'm going to take!!! I'll blog more about this later, but you all know how I feel about my home state (again, reserving the right to call both Indiana and Texas home). Ham Salad, here I come.

8. FOR MY BIRTHDAY tomorrow!! It's so awesome that I'm thankful for it twice.

9. For my David. I adore him and think that he's the best dad in the universe and the best husband of something even larger than that. He works hard, plays hard, and snuggles with the best of them. And tomorrow night he's watching all three kids by himself while I go play. Is there anything better??



So there we have it. My first thankful thursday in a LONG time! I think that I'm finally back in the swing of things, so there should be some better content on here from now on. How does that sound readers? Hey...Hey. It's okay. There, there. Stop crying. I know it's great and everything, but really. You're embarrassing yourself. Okay, thanks. We made it through this barren time, nothing but good times ahead.


No comments: