Friday, September 04, 2009

They Say It's My Birthday, Da Na Na Na Na!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!!!

Well, Friends. Today's the day. The BEST day of the year.

MY BIRTHDAY!!!!

I don't know if you've realized this, but I ADORE my birthday. Presents, special treats, a general world view that can not be tarnished.

You see, you can either dread the aging process, or you can embrace it. I whole heartedly choose to embrace it and have a dang good time doing it. I'm going to get older no matter what I do, so I might as well enjoy every second of it and wring that sucker till it's dry of every fun thing I can think of to do. I'm not worried about wrinkles, not worried about grey hair, and not worried about sagging body parts. I am mildly concerned about facial hair, which the women in my family are prone to getting the second they turn 30, but there are lasers for that sort of thing, so I'm rolling with it. And maybe I'll like having a beard, who knows? It could keep me warm in the winter.

Anyways, I'll have to wait on the beard for now, because I'm only turning 28 today. But there are lots of other things to look forward to - like finishing my Chai Tea Latte from Starbucks, spending a little of my birthday money, staying in my jammies most of today, getting the last 10 of my 28 birthday swats from Dave, reading more cards from the Tot, getting more hugs from Little David, hearing the birthday songs and reading the birthday wishes.

And lest we forget, hearing everyone call me "Unsinkable" all day long, even my mom, because that is the birthday mandate.

You know, It's a good day, Tater!


4 comments:

Tiffany said...

The beard might also give you a sweet part-time gig at a side-show, too. So you've got that going for you. Which is nice.

Here's to 28 unsinkable years!

A Fancher said...

Happy 28th Unsinkable! Hope you have a great day!

Sarah said...

Wait, you mean people don't always call you Unsinkable?

That's just crazy.

Happy happy birthday.

(And Typh, you know I'm always going to get your movie references...)

Luke said...

Happy Birthday!

~Luke