Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Badges? We Don't Need No Stinking Badges.

I was feeling pretty on top of my mothering game yesterday.

We had done all of our To Do's for the day, had school, ate a delicious dinner as a family, and Dave was off for his run. I looked at the clock, saw that it was barely 6pm and the sun was still shining bright. Heck. Yeah. How great of a day, right? All the checks checked and it's still daylight. We shouldn't let this great day go to waste inside - we should do something fun! So I loaded the Gator in the stroller and the big kids got their shoes and socks on, and off we went on a walk around the neighborhood. The older kids ran ahead of me laughing and smiling, stopping at all intersections and holding hands on the busy streets while Allie laughed along watching them. I decided I needed a badge. A Freaking Awesome Mother Badge.

You could probably see my smug...

(Continue reading the inevitable fallout at The 728b Foundation Blog)

No comments: