Monday, May 24, 2010

Bubba Speak

If there had ever been any doubt in my mind, there is none now - my second child is all BOY. Everything he says is half yelled, riddled with references to body functions, and covered in dirt. Yep, that kid is so dirty I think even his words are covered in dirt.

Here are a few highlights from the last couple weeks:

***
I'm still sleeping and Little David runs in.

LD: Mommy, Allie-cakes is awake and she is CRYING.

UK: Okay, Bub, I'll get her in a second, go back to your room.

LD: Mommy, I think Allie-cakes is hungry and wants to nurse from your BOOBIES!

Cue maniacal laughter because "boobies" is the funniest word he knows right now.

***
Overheard while Little David is in the living room and Allie is in the pack n play.


LD: Allie-cakes Margaret Chapman! Your face is wet of SPIT!

***
Like I said, everything has a body function qualifier on it these days. Some samples...



UK: David, do you want some Bunny Grahams for snack?

LD: Bunny grahams AND POOP.

UK: (sigh)

*

UK: Bubba, do you want some milk?

LD: Milk AND POOP.

UK: You are so gross.

*

UK: Bub, here is Teddy and Blankie, night night.

LD: Teddy and Blankie AND POOP.

UK: (sigh) That doesn't even make any sense.

LD: Sense. AND POOP.

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

What does it say about me that I still find this funny?

Chappy said...

I am so Proud

Cynthia said...

The Nana is snickering too.... this poor boy doesn't stand a chance. :)

Sarah said...

I have to admit I laughed, too. Hard.

~Simple Pleasures~ said...

Too funny, and I completely understand!