Monday, July 26, 2010

Field Trip: Dallas World Aquarium

I wish I had written about this sooner - but since I didn't I'll just give a very basic over view.

This. Place. Rocks.

Seriously, it's pretty expensive but absolutely amazing. I only included my good pictures, but there were so many animals and fish and underwater awesome things I couldn't believe it. Dave's Mom, Neina, took all of us and Laura Beth and we stayed most of the day - even eating lunch there - and there was plenty to look at. Funny story, we started at the top of the place - and in the middle there is this huge rainforest area with a waterfall and water at the bottom (obviously.). Well, Laura Beth and I spent the whole time looking down into the water at these crazy fish hiding by big rocks and at the end of the trip we realized the rocks weren't rocks. They were manatees. Awesome. Anyway, the in-aquarium restaurant was DELICIOUS and much more reasonably priced than I would have guessed (they even served pizza in a fish shape with an olive for an eye). The kids learned so much and it was great for them to see all the animals we've read about. We will SO be going back and I'll give a better review then, but safe to say this is one place you really should go if you are in the area.




Crazy seahorses.


LOVE the seadragons.


Also random? Tot's ability to name even the most obscure fish.
"Mom, that's a leatherback sea turtle." "Mom, that's a scarlet macaw."
No doubt this is from watching Diego and multiple Discovery Channel shows, but it still kept freaking out Laura Beth and I.


And what would a trip be without LB and I taking this shot?
I really should do a photo album of us and all the places we have this same picture at...

And Gator?
Gator's favorite part was eating her shoes.


4 comments:

Cynthia said...

The pictures are GREAT. I love the one of the starfish and the seahorse. Of course you and LB also look great - hahaha.
And the Tot? Well she's a chip off her ol' Nana and Meme.

Jennifer said...

Next time you guys go, we are IN!! We've never been and I KNOW my boys would L-O-V-E it!!

Amy Lu said...

If I ever make it down to see you...we are going there. No arguments!

Unsinkable Kristen said...

Sounds like a plan! (Both Jennifer & Lu :) )