Friday, July 30, 2010

Homeschool Friday

Field Trip Plans Fall 2010

Here is a list of the places I'd like to get to this Fall. We may or may not get to every one of them, but I'm certainly going to try :). I had wanted to get to some of these this summer, but we got busy diddling around town :). And as always, we are always happy to have company along for any of these adventures!


August:

Fossil Rim Wildlife Center
* Visited 8/19 - SUPER fun and will definitely go back!
Mayborn Museum & Homestead Heritage Farm (Waco)
* Visited 8/27 - Missed going to the Museum, but had a GREAT time at Homestead Heritage. The kids loved seeing the animals and eating homemade ice cream :)

September

The HEARD Natural Science Museum & Wildlife Sanctuary
Henrietta Creek Orchard (Apple Picking)
* Missed - BOO. Low apple turnout due to weather, irregular hours, and a pretty grumpy owner made me decide to give this trip a pass. We'll try going somewhere else!

October

Fort Worth Nature Reserve
Palo Duro Canyon

November

Fort Worth Museum of Science & History (Planetarium?)

December

Dallas World Aquarium





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun schedule!

My Dad is from Canyon and I lived there until I was 7 so I grew up exploring Palo Duro Canyon. You will love it if you visit. You also have to take time for the Natural History Museum in Canyon on the WT A&M Campus. Its a great little museum. It is for sure worth your time. I took Brian when we first started dating.

Kyla

Tiffany said...

Um, may I come, too? I got my permission slip signed and everything!

Ooh -- and if you have a spare moment, the book I was reading that I mentioned I thought you'd like is called /Love in a Time of Homeschooling/ by Laura Brodie. I've finished it now and I do think you'd love it. There were some things I didn't agree with her on, but I thought it as a great perspective on the whole process and I definitely thought of your and Tot.

Diana said...

We'll come apple picking!!! Please let me know cause we really want to go!!

wallnuts said...

i think you may need an extra chaperone for the apple orchard :)