Thursday, July 22, 2010

Thankful Thursday

.I'm back, baby!

I'm going to try to rock out Thankful Thursday on a regular basis for awhile ( no promises, though, I know myself too well) because it's always nice to shake myself a little to think about all the great things going on in my life. Like the saying goes - I'm too blessed to be stressed. Sometimes I just need to remind myself of it :)

So today I am thankful...


1. That despite having two kids with Hand, Foot, and Mouth disease, we are actually having a pretty great day.

2. For my Kuerig. Solid gold, my friends, solid gold. This wondrous machine makes perfect coffee in 60 seconds, heats water to the perfect temperature for hot tea, and can even be used to make oatmeal. I heart it, I heart it, I heart it.

3. For the book "I Love You, Stinky Face" that my friend Kyla gave Allie when she was born. It has an alligator in it (of course) and the mama is telling her little boy all the ways she would love, even if he was something else. After reading it, my kids have dubbed themselves with some of the names from the book. LD is Stinky Face, Tot is Slimy Swamp Monster, and Allie is Dangerous Alligator.

4. That Dave works from home. We all had lunch together today and got to sit and nibble sandwiches and chips and salsa while chit chatting. Perfect family time.

5. For coffee creamer. I will say without (much) shame that my fridge currently houses five different kinds of creamer. It's an addiction. But who can pass up Peppermint Mocha?? Not me, it's my FAVORITE. And what about your basic French Vanilla or Hazelnut? And the slightly more fancy Caramel Macchiato and Chocolate Chip Creme Brulee?? I know!! It's a cornucopia of coffee awesomeness.

6. For Magic Pants. Yes, magic pants. I went shopping this weekend at Eddie Bauer, really just to look around there because the clothes always look great on the hanger and never seem to lay right on me. But, I saw pants and they looked comfy, so I tried them on. Dude, they fit like butter. Just a dream. No muffin top, made me look like I actually had a butt, and so so so comfy. I will never take them off. Never.

7. For school starting in just over a week!

8. For the snickerdoodles I just ate.

9. For the wonderful heat that warms me up to my toes. I do love a good sunny day.

10. And finally, that tomorrow is Date Night - and you all know what that means during the summer, right? EUREKA, BABY! Eureka and Pizza, here I come :)

What are you thankful for today?



1 comment:

Robin said...

You have so much to be thankful for, Kristen! :)

I am thankful for my two sweet Girlies and two awesome grown up sons.

I'm thankful for summer vegetables from our garden.

And I'm thankful for my computer because it has friends like you in it!

Have a wonderful day!