Thursday, August 12, 2010

Thankful Thursday: Fixed AC Edition


Oh friends, this morning I am just ever so grateful for so many things.

1. First and Foremost - my fixed Air Conditioner. It is nice and cool in my house this morning and I slept like a baby. It was the best nights sleep I've had in almost two weeks.

2. My run this morning. I have been remiss in my running for a couple of weeks and it felt so great to get out this morning. I ran to a park nearby and went around the small lake and ran by the ducks and watched the sunrise as I listened to some rockin' praise music. Soul healing, that's what it is.

3. Yet again, my Keurig. I'm drinking some Butter Toffee Coffee this morning with a splash of Vanilla creamer. It's sitting rather prettily in this nice, heavy cup I got from Anthropologie a few weeks ago and it really does make the whole coffee ritual delightful.

4. My family. I have the best family in the world. Dave's parents let us stay with them while the AC was out for TEN DAYS. Ten days is a long time to have company, even your children. So I am super thankful that they were so gracious and fun to be around. I hated being away from my house, but I'm so glad we got to spend time with them. And not to be forgotten, my Mom is pretty rock star as well and I am SO EXCITED to go visit her and Tim at the end of the month. It will be legendary.

5. My house. It's smallish, oldish, and things break, but like the song says:

Mid pleasures and palaces though we may roam,
Be it ever so humble, there's no place like home


No comments: