Friday, January 21, 2011

Fetus Friday 2: I'm Back, Baby!


First of all, I have never been more excited about anything, than I am about this new graphic. In fact, that is probably why I am starting these Fetus Fridays up so soon. Frankly, there isn't much to report other than life continuing on as usual - the first few weeks (for me at least) are relatively uneventful, but now that I have this stinking hilarious Fetus Friday Graphic, it was pretty much the point of no return for The Pregnant Unsinkable. You know I can't resist a picture that is both funny and of questionable taste.

Anyway, on to the show!

Week: 5

Weight Gain: Meh, nothing other than the usual fluctuation due to water and copious amounts of Oreos. Dude I could have eaten a HORSE yesterday. I had Chick Fil A for lunch and when I was finished I sat there and thought that a second meal wasn't out of the question.

Aches & Pains: It's early days yet (obviously) but so far so good. I've only been sick a few times and those have been after fairly explainable events like taking my horse sized Super Mom vitamin on a more empty than not stomach. I'm crossing my fingers that I'm not as sick as I was with Allie, but if the pattern holds I will only be more sick. I was not sick with Tot, a little sick with David, and hugely sick with Allie. Not looking good for the Baby Noodle. Other than that, just the tell-tale signs of pregnancy - I can feel my joints loosening up and my right hip has occasional sharp shooting pain down my leg. Again, par for the course right now. I haven't hit that first trimester wall of exhaustion but I see it coming in the near future.

Cravings: Again, meh, mostly sugar but that's nothing new. And, of course, sheer volume. I am SO HUNGRY.

Totally Cool Developments: Dude, I AM PREGNANT! That is the best development of them all. I can't begin to explain how happy I am about this. This will be our last, unless God intervenes with a gigantic surprise sometime later in our lives, and I am trying to soak up every moment. I swear I stared at that pregnancy test for five minutes straight before I ran into our bedroom and jumped on a very sleeping Dave while yelling "I'M PREGNANT! I'M PREGNANT!!!" I am so thankful that I've had three healthy pregnancies and three healthy children and I pray this one is the same. I am so very, very thankful and aware of how big a blessing these little people are.

Belly Shot: You have Dave to thank for this first and "Official" Five Week pic. He is my picture taker and thought we needed to utilize the white board for maximum effect. Obviously, there isn't much of a belly, but DUDE, my stomach muscles must have seen that positive test and immediately went into vacation mode because I've got zero muscle tone. Hello Maternity Pants.


Do forgive the cheesy grin and the odd hand placement.


For the record, that is my tank top, not my bra.
Also, that is the most comfortable skirt on the planet.


Hope you enjoyed the first Edition of Fetus Friday 2!

4 comments:

Robin said...

Yea! We are so excited for you, Kristen! We will look forward to your Fetus Fridays. lol So cute.

Do you have twins in your family? Hmmm, maybe you'll have two! It's always fun to wonder about that, I think, in those first few weeks.

Have an awesome day, Rockin' Robin (lol)

Helen233 said...

you have a miniscule baby bump, but it is there Kristen no doubt about it. You are pregnant!!!

you are beautiful as ever

Momma J said...

Aww, how sweet. Can't wait to read more!

Beth said...

so glad to see these return!!!