Saturday, January 01, 2011

I Am, Of Course, Resolute

New Year, new blogging intentions, right? Right.


(I know!! A picture of Dave and I where we aren't acting like loons. A miracle.)

(This was literally the best picture we took. So sad.)

We here at The Unsinkable's had a great 2010. The Tot started 1st Grade, Little David became - in his own words and preference - Medium Sized David, and the Gator turned one. Dave has really hit his stride at his job and I'm feeling more and more comfortable and complete while homekeeping and homeschooling. Not too shabby for a single year!

2011, however, I have big plans for. I want to GROW this year. I want to grow in patience, in health, in wisdom, and in closeness to God and my family. I want to look back at this time next year and be able to say that, yes, I grew. I grew like a rock star and I am better than ever equipped to do the work God has placed before me.

And what better way to grow than to resolve to do so? (I know, not the greatest transition sentence, but work with me here, my mad blogging skillz are a little rusty.)


The Unsinkable's 2011 Resolutions are as follows:

1. Finish my 3 Before 30
2. Work back into eating more whole foods and running 3x/week
3. Read 52 Books in 52 Weeks (more on this later)
4. Start blogging regularly again (I'm thinking Monday, Wednesday, Friday?)


Since most of these goals require a lot of time and brain power, I'm going to keep the broad strokes and not go into specifics. I mean, I know how I want to go about eating healthier, but I find that making one of my resolutions be "Have a green smoothie for lunch everyday" will only set me up to really not want to drink those anymore and only consume Chick Fil A for the rest of eternity (not a bad prospect, but still).

So there you have it, a little growing, a little moving and grooving, and a few more posts from your Old Pal, The Unsinkable.

Here's to a great 2011!





4 comments:

Cat said...

YEA! My dad, Chris, and I are all going to give the 52 books in 52 weeks a shot too. It sounds like a great way to spend the year to me! :-)

Unsinkable Kristen said...

Oohh! What books are you starting with??

Cat said...

I just finished one called A Rope and a Prayer by David Rhode and Kristin Mulvihill. It's nonfiction about David being kidnapped by the Taliban while working as a reporter for the NY Times in Afghanistan. It's told from both his side and his wife Kristin's side while back home in NY. Just realizing that it's a bit odd that I am recommending a book to you whose authors bear the same names as you and your hubby, but this one is definitely worth the read. VERY educational and VERY much a page turner at the same time. How often do you you find that??

At the moment I am reading Hell's Canyon by David Baldacci. Nothing educational about it. Pure fun, goverment cover up stuff. :-)

Can't wait to read your reviews. I'm going to do my best to get a new blog up and going and do the same very soon.

Cat said...

oops..Hell's Corner...not canyon.